CYBER SECURITY ANALYST I
Scope of Work:
The Cyber Security Analyst I will work collaboratively to identify, investigate, and mitigate security incidents, develop, maintain, and follow incident response processes and procedures, and participate in response and recovery activities as a member of the Cyber Analysis and Response team within the State of North Dakota Cyber Operations Center (CyOC).
The analyst should be able to demonstrate proficiency and in-depth understanding of cyber attack processes and phases, network and endpoint security principles, operating systems, network and application protocols, incident handling and investigation processes. The analyst is expected to research and maintain proficiency in current threats and attack tactics, techniques, and procedures. The analyst should have experience providing incident response and remediation support and must be comfortable acting as a liaison between the Cyber Operations Center (CyOC) and other teams and stakeholders during incidents. The analyst should have a natural curiosity, organizational skills, the ability to think abstractly and to contextualize large data sets, and superior communication skills.
Requires one of the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, cyber security or related field and one year of current and progressive work experience within a cyber security role.
· Associate degree in a computer science, computer information systems, cyber security or related field and three years of current and progressive experience as described above.
· Five years of current and progressive experience as described above.
Preference given to those with experience with Extended Detection and Response (XDR) or Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) platforms.
· Monitor security events and alerts to identify and respond to incidents that occur on the network or endpoints.
· Perform initial research and context gathering around incidents to determine their severity level and escalate as necessary.
· Conduct detailed analysis of security incidents to determine the appropriate mitigation, response, and/or recovery actions that should be taken based on established playbooks or analyst knowledge.
· Perform mitigation, response, and/or recovery actions and coordinate with interfacing teams as necessary to resolve security incidents.
· Provide feedback on processes, procedures, and controls for continuous improvement of the incident response program.
· Document evidence collected and actions taken during the incident response process within the case management system.
· Collaborate with other teams to assess risk and develop strategies to improve the enterprise security posture.
Computer Consultants International, Inc.
Why Work Here?Computer Consultants International, Inc. (CCI) is an IT Consulting Firm with more than 20 years experience providing effective, expert-level services in industries such as Construction, Technology, Finance, Healthcare, and Government. CCI focuses on building long-term relationships while completing projects from design to delivery. People are CCI's key component for success. Recruiting utmost-quality individuals for our clients, CCI fields a workforce of individuals who are selected not only because of their technical qualifications but also for their achievements as substantial, contributing human beings. In government work and in the commercial market, high standards of ethics and accountability are critical. Therefore our people are chosen for their integrity and ability to maintain relationships, as well as expertise in their field. To learn more about CCI, visit us online at www.cci-worldwide.com.
Privately held, Never had a layoff in 20 years, Great team, Great customers, great CEO!