IT Project Manager (Job ID: 6206R) ONSITE/REMOTE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Macomb Community College (MCC)
The primary purpose of the Project Manager role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management to deliver business value.
The College has three distinct project management needs for at least the next 12 months:
· CIS controls v8 IG1 implementation: active management of a project plan that encompasses the gathering of the following to meet CIS IG1 compliance:
- Gathering of CIS compliance evidence from Macomb and contract staff
- system configuration changes
- assessment of new tools
The PM does not need to be an expert in CIS as these tasks have already been detailed by the College’s vCISO. However, the PM must have strong knowledge of IT security practices and systems to effectively scope and prioritize the effort.
· Application development/integration: Several of the IT department’s projects require detailed coordination between the IT disciplines (application development, security, and infrastructure), the business owners and the OEM/VAR.
· Overall management of the IT project portfolio: The IT department manages larger projects using an established process with Microsoft Project for the web which feeds a Microsoft Power BI dashboard for reporting and institutional visibility. The project tasks tend to be milestone events, not necessarily discreet task work. The College needs a PM to actively manage this group of projects and press project owners for completion/status updates so weekly review of the portfolio is done with accurate information. The prescribed tools, process and BI reporting workflow must be maintained.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
• Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, resource limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
• Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
• Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
• Establish work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Implement project communication plan.
• Perform risk assessment and implement mitigation plans.
• Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
• Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
Project management training and certification is desirable, but not required as long as experience demonstrates this competency.
• Three or more years of IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to cross enterprise problem solving and coordination in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
• A minimum of two years of demonstrated competency in a junior or assistant project management role involving the execution of multiple projects or a large project
• Demonstrated experience in leading a team
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrates empathy and knowledge of personality types
• Well versed with project management methodologies and Microsoft Project project-planning tool. PMP certification preferred.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a political environment and to interacting with senior leadership
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills
• Strong knowledge and understanding of higher education business needs
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time. PM must have enough experience with IT technologies to accurately validate/estimate the time required to carry out a particular task.
Originally incorporated in 1994 in the state of Montana, CCI maintains offices in five states including Washington, Hawaii, and Iowa. CCI is a C-Corporation and has never operated under another name. We have no parent company, no stockholders, and no outside investors to answer to, making you our top priority. For the past decade, CCI has been working with Government and Corporate entities in the US and Internationally. CCI is a privately held corporation and is certified 100% Minority-owned and 100% Woman-owned in the states of Virginia, Oregon, and Washington, and DBE Certified for Federal projects.
Computer Consultants International, Inc.Why Work Here?
Privately held, Never had a layoff in 20 years, Great team, Great customers, great CEO!
Computer Consultants International, Inc. (CCI) is an IT Consulting Firm focused on building long-term relationships and taking projects from end to end. People are the key component of our success and we recruit the highest quality individuals not just based on technical qualifications but also as human beings. In both the Government and Commercial markets, high standards of ethics and accountability are critical. Our people are chosen for their ability to build long-term relationships, strengthen CCI’s reputation, and also for their expertise in their field and the quality of service they can provide. Originally incorporated in 1994 in the state of Montana, CCI maintains offices in five states including Washington, Hawaii, and Iowa. CCI is a C-Corporation and has never operated under another name. We have no parent company, no stockholders, and no outside investors to answer to, making you our top priority. For the past decade, CCI has been working with Government and Corporate entities in the US and Internationally. CCI is a privately held corporation and is certified 100% Minority-owned and 100% Woman-owned in the states of Virginia, Oregon, and Washington, and DBE Certified for Federal projects.