Database Administrator - Senior RQ04318
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Data Management Office (DMO) is seeking to hire two (2) Mainframe Database Administrator to deliver:
- Support on preparation, installation, configuration and user test of mainframe z/OS, IMS and DB2 version upgrade:
· Participate in the review of project and maintenance release artefacts - Use Case, System Requirement Specification, etc.;
· Prepare and implement database changes according to design;
· Promote database changes through Development, Integration Testing, QA, UAT, Production environments;
· Prepare, install, configure Operating Systems, databases and database patches;
· Maintain, administrate, tune performance of databases, e.g., IMS, DB2, Oracle, Microsoft Azure SQL database and Synapse database;
· Provide database space calculations for the supported database environments;
· Perform reference data administration as required;
· Plan and co-ordinate implementation with developers, ITS, UNIX and .NET application support and other Data Management staff;
· Design and write data loading and/or conversion scripts/stored procedures;
· Maintain and enhance Mainframe to Oracle data replication utilizing Tibco IMS Data Replicator, Oracle stored procedures and GoldenGate;
· Build and test database backup/recovery scripts;
· Build and test database automation scripts;
· Deliver detailed system design documents and any other supporting documentation conforming to Ministry standards;
· Document and resolve any database problems/issues;
Provide effective knowledge transfer to Ministry staff at all stages of this assignment;
Skill Set Requirements:
- Expert Database administration experience, e.g., IMS, DB2, Oracle, Microsoft Azure SQL database and Synapse database
· Extensive experience with large-scale database systems development, capacity planning, configuration, maintenance, performance tuning
· Experience with database development, e.g., stored procedure, PL/I, Cobol, Assembler
· Experience with Microsoft Azure technologies, including storage account, file share, Azure key vault, Azure portal, Azure monitoring tools
Experience with IMS/DB2 to Oracle replication
Originally incorporated in 1994 in the state of Montana, CCI maintains offices in five states including Washington, Hawaii, and Iowa. CCI is a C-Corporation and has never operated under another name. We have no parent company, no stockholders, and no outside investors to answer to, making you our top priority. For the past decade, CCI has been working with Government and Corporate entities in the US and Internationally. CCI is a privately held corporation and is certified 100% Minority-owned and 100% Woman-owned in the states of Virginia, Oregon, and Washington, and DBE Certified for Federal projects.
Computer Consultants International, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Computer Consultants International, Inc.
Get fresh Mainframe DBA jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.