SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Division of Integrated Health and Policy Research (IHPR) at the Institute for Families and Society, UofSC is looking for a Tableau System Administrator with rich experience in installation, configuration and administration of the Tableau server (Windows/SQL) and client applications. This Tableau System Administrator position also involves the design and development of the BI/Tableau data infrastructure, data source creation, security (user access), change control of Tableau objects and overall Tableau support. Development experience in the Tableau environment is required. The collaborative nature of this project requires excellent communication skills and the ability to understand and refine requirements.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Install, configure and support Tableau Server and associated Tableau client products
• Perform administrative and support activities across a multi-environment Tableau infrastructure including security administration, release management, troubleshooting and general systems maintenance
• Conduct performance analysis of existing Tableau Servers and make Best Practice recommendations
• Perform day to day administration of Tableau Servers in Windows environment
• Understand Medicaid claims/encounter data, social determinants of health, and other health-related data in order to conceptualize reporting visualizations
• Develop, design, maintain, and manage advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions for Medicaid and other healthcare data
• Perform and document data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design
• Review and improve existing systems and collaborating with teams to integrate new systems
• Conduct unit tests and developing database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues
• Provide 2nd tier support to user community on various Tableau Server and Desktop issues
• Assist in design, implementation and maintenance of application systems and IT infrastructure for the organization
• Understand user and process requirements and ensure those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables
• Minimum 3 years of Tableau Server administration
• Experience with installation, configuration and support of Tableau Server and associated Tableau client products Development experience in the Tableau environment
• Proficient in Tableau command line utility and Tableau extracts
• Expertise in dashboard and report development using Tableau
• Expertise with Tableau BI Product Suite as an administrator and developer
• Knowledge of data warehousing, data modeling, the development of dashboards and report design concepts
• Strong ability to interface and communicate effectively with colleagues and management
• Ability to directly interact with key internal customers effectively
• A solid understanding of SQL, relational databases and normalization
• Experience with SAS
• Experience with cloud environments, such as AWS, GCP, IBM, or Azure
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills to assist production support and issue resolution
• Experience working with healthcare claims data especially Medicaid (3+ years)
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines and documenting progress towards those deadlines
• Excellent communication skills (must be able to interface with both technical and business leaders in the organization)
• Excellent requirements gathering skills
• Ability to be a self-starter that can provide leadership
Bachelors’ Degree in Public Health, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Master’s degree preferred plus 5 or more years of experience in Tableau development and design.
Computer Consultants International, Inc.
Why Work Here?Computer Consultants International, Inc. (CCI) is an IT Consulting Firm with more than 20 years experience providing effective, expert-level services in industries such as Construction, Technology, Finance, Healthcare, and Government. CCI focuses on building long-term relationships while completing projects from design to delivery. People are CCI's key component for success. Recruiting utmost-quality individuals for our clients, CCI fields a workforce of individuals who are selected not only because of their technical qualifications but also for their achievements as substantial, contributing human beings. In government work and in the commercial market, high standards of ethics and accountability are critical. Therefore our people are chosen for their integrity and ability to maintain relationships, as well as expertise in their field. To learn more about CCI, visit us online at www.cci-worldwide.com.
Privately held, Never had a layoff in 20 years, Great team, Great customers, great CEO!