Quality Assurance Engineer
Computer Components Philadelphia, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, 401k, dental, life insurance
Our ideal candidate will be a hands-on Quality Engineer, with sheet metal and electro-mechanical assembly manufacturing experience.
The individual will implement quality improvements driven by Customer or internal rejects. This position is about making a difference, guiding our team to be better every day and applying a basic common-sense method for continuous improvement.
The individual will be a trainer, an investigator, and whatever else it takes to make what we do today better than how we did it yesterday.
The candidate will have a demonstrated knowledge of ISO 9001:2015.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Achieve quality assurance objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews
· Preparing and completing action plans
· Implementing quality, and customer standards
· Determining system improvements and implementing changes
· Maintain and improve product quality by completing product, QMS, compliance, and supplier surveillance audits
· Maintain gage calibration system
- Investigate customer complaints and complete CAPA
- Communicate to the plant, Customer quality expectations and corrective/preventive actions
- Evaluate the effectiveness of CAPA
· Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including field performance, supplier quality and corrective actions.
- Designing, installing and evaluating quality assurance process sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques;
- Designing or specifying inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment;
- Recommending revisions of specifications when indicated;
- Assure that plant-wide quality policies and instructions are adhered to by Computer Components Corporation employees
- Assure inspection of product is conducted and data is analyzed
- Lead cross functional teams in Creating and Maintaining Control Plans, PFMEAs, Flow Diagrams
- Support New Product Launches and Engineering changes
- Maintain PPAP tracking matrix / submit PPAPs
- Direct manufacturing inspection and support daily production by performing first piece inspections
- Analyze and disposition non-conforming material
- Log and follow-up with quality complaints
Requires standing or walking a total of 2-4 hours in an 8 hour day, but no more than 1 hour at any one time; sitting a total of 2-4 hours in an 8 hour day, but typically no more than 1 hour at any one time; frequently requires lifting less than 10 lbs., but occasionally may lift 40 lbs. or less 3-5 times in a week; Intermittently (5-10% of the day) may need to stoop/bend, crouch, kneel, twist, reach and pull or push
Process Improvement, Analyzing Information, Verbal Communication, Quality Engineering, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Dealing with Complexity
Minimum of 4 years’ experience. College degree (or equivalent experience will be considered)
The following experiences and skills are desirable:
Calibration and Gage R&R
Inspection & Quality Planning
Test Data Analysis
Raw Material Certifications and Test Reports
Certified Welding Requirements & Specifications
Computer Literate: Word & EXCEL, Email, CAD, 3D Modeling
SPC and Control / Run / Trend Analysis & Charting
SCAR & CAR Development and follow through
Supplier Surveys, Audits and Source Inspections
Review of Customer & Contract Requirements
Internal Audit & Training experience
Lean Manufacturing experience & knowledge
Defense and Military Product experience
Six Sigma Green Belt
Computer ComponentsWhy Work Here?
Join a team of people who care about what they do, have success and are investing in the future.
CCC was established in 1964. Our mission is to lead in the design, development and manufacture of electromechanical assemblies for OEMs in industries that include information technology, medical equipment, defense, telecommunication, and industrial controls.
2751 Southampton RdPhiladelphia, PA