Position Overview: The Field Service Engineer provides on-site preventative and corrective maintenance service including installation of assigned Stratasys additive manufacturing equipment. The Field Service Engineer will also be required to provide technical assistance to the Computer Aided Technology staff and to prepare, print and post process 3D print jobs for prospect benchmarks.
- System installation of Stratasys equipment for new customers as well as operator training.
- Performs necessary technical support to assist customers in continued effective and efficient operation of their equipment.
- Perform corrective and preventative maintenance of Stratasys additive manufacturing equipment on-site at customer facilities.
- Responsible for all related administration pertaining to customer calls, including the timely completion of service reports, expense reports and weekly time reports, as well as the tracking of preventive maintenance and upgrade requirements for customers.
- Develop strong relationships with customers and sales partners.
- Act as customer liaison and help drive customer issues to resolution.
- Participate in Site Ownership approach by:
- Driving customer retention and loyalty for the Computer Aided Technology and Stratasys brands in order to increase our customer loyalty.
- Gathering customer information including product and business information.
- Proactively identifying areas of customer dissatisfaction and resolving customer issues promptly.
- Identify sales leads and feed information back to the sales team.
- Collecting and documenting competitive information.
- Educate customers on the latest corporate initiatives and Stratasys products.
- Evaluate, modify, print and post process benchmarks from prospect data as provided by the sales team.
- Technical trade school studies or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a field service environment desired.
- Solid understanding of all aspects of complex electro-mechanical high-tech equipment.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, repair and solve system/equipment issues.
- Proven customer oriented skills in a service environment.
- Superior communication and listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including courtesy, tact, and discretion.
- Planning, organizational and administrative abilities.
- Experience in the Rapid Prototyping industry is preferred.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Practical hands-on approach is essential.
- "Can do" attitude.
- Planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment and work well under pressure.
- Willingness to travel locally daily with up to 80% travel with overnight stays.
- Ability to occasionally provide support outside normal working hours.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience and education. Complete benefits package available.