Job Title: Senior Revenue Analyst
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 5 Months+ possible extension
Pay rate: $40-45/hr (DOE)
Senior Revenue Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring the accurate recording of revenue-related transactions in accordance with the Company’s revenue policy. The candidate will manage and advise on new Quote to Cash initiatives as it relates to revenue and will specifically play an integral role in the implementation of systems to support the adoption of our new NetSuite revenue module, ARM. This is a great chance to work for a fast paced, high growth company with ample room to make a difference. This position reports to the Revenue Accounting Manager.
- Participate in the implementation of systems to support the Company’s adoption of our new NetSuite revenue module, ARM
- Analyze sales transactions within the Company’s revenue sub-ledger to ensure the accuracy of data and integrity of revenue schedules, inclusive of revenue allocations—in production and test environments
- Assist in the month end and quarter end close activities—in production and test environments
- Assist in interaction with external third party auditors
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures to streamline the revenue accounting processes
- Proactively identify system improvement initiatives
- Provide revenue recognition guidance to cross-functional organizations
- Maintain revenue accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure FASB, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Stay current on new revenue accounting standard and assist in the adoption of the new Revenue Standard
- Provide support for various ad-hoc projects
Note - This is a high priority req, and manager wants to fill this role ASAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Strong analytical, financial and accounting knowledge and practical experience/knowledge of ASC 606
- 3 to 7 year of applicable (Revenue Accounting) revenue recognition experience within the technology sector is required.
- Advanced Excel skills, with a propensity for understanding CRM and ERP systems. NetSuite, Oracle and SalesForce.com experience preferred.
- Partner with Riverbed IT and Third Party Software vendor to design, develop and UAT system upgrades and enhancements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact professionally with all levels of the company
- Strong attention to detail, well organized, and able to multi-task and work effectively in a high-paced environment
- A highly productive self-starter with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Capable of moving between a variety of roles with ease