The technician supports research workers to complete tasks associated with chemistry research experiments. The technician must have minimum two years -post college recent wet chemistry laboratory hands-on experience, is detail oriented, and willing to work at a scientific laboratory to conduct experiments accurately, efficiently and quickly full time; high throughput is desired in a dynamic and fast-paced working. The technician must possess strong organization skills for planning experiments, managing raw materials inventory, organizing test materials and disposing of chemical waste. Also the candidate must have good communication skills, a high degree of self-motivation and can work both independently with minimal supervision and as a team member. The successful candidate has a B.Sc in chemistry (preferred), Biology or Chemical Engineering, analytical chemistry experience is a plus. The technician must know how to use pH meter. This is not a materials processing position.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following laboratory work:
- Prepare chemical solutions and dilutions to precise specifications for experiments
- Conduct chemical experiments
- Accurately document observations and experimental results
- Maintain inventory records of supplies and raw materials, and prepare requisitions as needed
- Support chemists and work with QC lab for sample analyses
- Set up and maintain laboratory equipment and instruments
- Assists and supports with special project
- Participating in lab problem solving and troubleshooting
- Practicing lab hygiene and following safety procedure
- Safely manage chemical waste per regulatory standards
- Maintain safe work environment
Candidate should have wet chemistry experience (wet chemistry is dealing with liquids not powders), hands on experience in the lab conducting experiments. If the candidate has never conducted an experiment and does not conduct experiments in current position, please do not submit. Manager is looking for analytical experience (this is instrument experience, not quality control. Wants analytical instrument experience). The candidate must be detail oriented, forward thinker, precise worker. Manager is not looking for candidates with manufacturing experience, Machine shop experience, Documentation or anyone in a Supervisor role. The position is 100% in the lab, very repetitive, must be able to repeat the data, be able to answer basic chemistry questions (how to make solutions, weigh raw materials, mix solutions, etc). be able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment. Must have experience with a pH meter. Please no Master's Degrees or PhD's.
“Compunnel is a proud equal opportunity employer. We cherish diversity and harbour inclusivity. Any discrimination on basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation or other applicable legally protected characteristics is forbidden.”