As a Dangerous Goods regulatory expert in the Global Hazard Communication function of the Life Science business sector, you are responsible for tracking and understanding regulatory requirements, implementing systems, data, and processes to support transport regulations with regard to Merck’s broad global Life Science product portfolio as well as further optimizing, streamlining and automating the global DG processes with regards to compliance and efficiency. The basic framework is constituted by the SAP module EHSM as the central data repository of substance data and RID/ADR, IMO, IATA classifications. In a global team, in day-to-day business or in global projects you assess dangerous goods classifications and determine packaging and transport restrictions as well as working with cross functional teams to develop compliant solutions that fulfill the business needs.
• Sound knowledge of UN regulations concerning dangerous goods transport and professional expertise in DG transportation requirements (DOT, RID/ADR, IATA, IMO, PK1 certification).
• Capable of monitoring compliance of dangerous goods shipments – completed and in-process – and of advising site personnel where corrections are needed.
• Willing to follow all site safety protocols and wearing of PPE.
• Comfortable working in a warehouse environment and directing daily shipment modification as needed.
• Confidant in enforcing compliance with both internal and external parties.
• Experienced in providing employee training.
• Knowledgeable of shipment exceptions and how to apply these when necessary.
• Able to apply NFPA, other local EHS, and fire codes as related to hazardous material storage.
• Able to function as a liaison for senior team members in the event of government inspection and to help facilitate site inspections.
• Capable of directing follow-up on citations and taking any necessary corrective actions.
• Able to conduct internal audits of site activities and procedures and to prepare reports of findings.
• Willing to travel for offsite department meetings/workshops as needed.
• Strong project management and communication skills; willingness to work cooperatively within a global team.
• Team spirit, outstanding initiative, reliability, and accuracy.
• Excellent English skills; German a plus.
• Experience with SAP EHSM, Oracle, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and Access is strongly preferred.
Why Work Here?Compunnel Inc. has always been and will always be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Where every individual, solely on their merit, qualification and competency not only has equal economic opportunity but also for recruiting, training and career development. Our 2000+ members reflect a culture of diversity and inclusion and bring their authentic, original and best selves to work. Our inhouse team who looks over no discriminate against any employee and puts affirmative actions has full support of our Chief executive officer Andy Gaur and its top leaders branched out across Compunnel.
Room for growth, excellent work environment!