Purchasing Operator 4
Compunnel Inc. Sacramento, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***MUST HAVE ?3 years of SAP KNOWLEDGE***
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience in procurement / SCM in a manufacturing environment
• Associate degree in a related discipline – business, manufacturing, or engineering degree is preferred
• Proficient in MRP tools such as JDE or SAP
• Proficient MS Excel skills. Well versed other MS Office products (Word, PP & Outlook).
• Experience in an engineer-to-order manufacturing environment
• Strong negotiating skills
Siemens Mobility Inc., Rolling Stock Division produces light rail vehicles, electric and diesel locomotives, and passenger coaches. Buyer Planner 3 is a key member of the Order Management team and manages the critical and complex suppliers to ensure on time delivery of open purchase orders to support production demand.
• Ensure continuous supply of required materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
• Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion
• Send Request for Quotes (RFQs)
• Place urgent purchase orders with suppliers
• Escalate the approval process for urgent order placement
• Review replenishment reports daily
• Contact suppliers to resolve price, delivery or invoice issues
• Communicate with various departments to resolve demand requirements
• Lead purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning, sourcing and engineering departments to solve complicated material supply issues
• Communicate between departments for allocation of excess materials to projects
• Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
• Interpret internal / external business challenges and recommend best practices to improve products, processes or services
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Strong technical knowledge and understanding of procurement, inventory control, and process control.
• Results-orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
• Tenacious and assertive driver who escalates in supplier organization as well as internally
• Ability to understand, evaluate & monitor supplier capacity
• Analytical, numerically astute with proven problem solving abilities
• Strong written & oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
• Ability to lead others to solve complex problems and use sophisticated analytical thinking to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy
• ISO 9000 experience. TS16949 and AS9100 a p
Compunnel Inc.Why Work Here?
Room for growth, excellent work environment!
Compunnel Inc. has always been and will always be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Where every individual, solely on their merit, qualification and competency not only has equal economic opportunity but also for recruiting, training and career development. Our 2000+ members reflect a culture of diversity and inclusion and bring their authentic, original and best selves to work. Our inhouse team who looks over no discriminate against any employee and puts affirmative actions has full support of our Chief executive officer Andy Gaur and its top leaders branched out across Compunnel.