Work Authorisation:- Only GC and US citizens allowed.
Job Posting TitleProduction Supervisor
Note this follows the Patriot Project Schedule:
- EOWO Nights B
- Monday-Friday 8am to 6pm
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
How will you make an impact?
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the organization and coordination of manufacturing activities and the supervision of employees within their assigned department. Manage conflict effectively to resolve issues effectively. Use Lean tools to reduce scrap and improve operational efficiencies, product quality and regulatory compliance. Use Project Management tools to implement plans to increase efficiency and decrease waste. Provide employees with the tools necessary to work safely and efficiently, and provide positive employee motivation.
What will you do?
- Maintain appropriate staffing, interview applicants, and hire qualified candidates.
- Ensure proper training in safety, core competencies, and continuous improvement for new and existing employees.
- Write and administer performance evaluations and recommend salary adjustments.
- Conduct employee coaching and counseling for attendance, performance, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Process employee time records, absences, overtime, paid time off, etc while maintaining proper staffing.
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Standard Work, and Device History Records (DHRs) to ensure consistent and reliable processes and procedures that comply with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations/ Quality System Regulation (QSR) guidelines, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Create and maintain a safe work environment by engaging the associates in reporting potential safety hazards, support of the EH&S guidelines and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions. Investigate safety problems, develop corrective actions with EH&S and implement and communicate changes.
- Continuously assess the physical condition of the workplace regarding safety and ergonomic correctness. Implement 5S and maintain through audit process.
- Use Leader Standard Work to focus on Lean Management, visual controls to monitor actual versus expected, and maintain discipline of daily accountability to drive improvement activities.
- Use visual management to track, monitor, and analyze production performance indicators, establish triggers, and ensure sustainable corrective actions are in place to improve quality, reduce waste, and improve efficiencies.
- Use visual management to constantly monitor efficiency of production systems, coordinate activities to correct issues, and use an escalation process to correct issues that cannot be immediately resolved.
- Use Project Management to plan and implement projects that improve quality, decrease waste, and increase efficiency.
- Investigate production problems and failures. Identify possible causes and coordinate with appropriate functional areas in finding solutions.
- Ensure that all production equipment is validated and operating within specifications.
- Promote production effectiveness by communicating and cooperating with other departments and shifts to maintain or improve quantity or quality of production.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the business need warrants.
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-4 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in previous work experiences.
- Knowledge of FDA, cGMP/QSR, and ISO preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Enterprise tools preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Project Management tools preferred.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40lbs properly using good technique.
- Listen to, follow and relay written and verbal instructions in English.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
Why Work Here?Compunnel Inc. has always been and will always be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Where every individual, solely on their merit, qualification and competency not only has equal economic opportunity but also for recruiting, training and career development. Our 2000+ members reflect a culture of diversity and inclusion and bring their authentic, original and best selves to work. Our inhouse team who looks over no discriminate against any employee and puts affirmative actions has full support of our Chief executive officer Andy Gaur and its top leaders branched out across Compunnel.
Room for growth, excellent work environment!