The Project Estimator – Support, Maintenance, and Services (SMS) is responsible for creating SMS proposals and bid documents by collecting and analyzing data from project estimates for Test Cells customers. They will consult with Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Supply Chain, and Field Services staff to develop RFQ’s, identify vendors to obtain quotes for sub-contracted work, build and maintain relationships with suppliers to support the estimating process, and work with Sales and Engineering to develop cost effective solutions that provide the best value for our customers.
• Identify differences between new bids and historical bids to develop cost and price estimates for similar projects.
• Develop RFQs for sub-contracted items by consulting with Test Cells Supply Chain, Purchasing, Engineering and Project Management staff.
• Partner with Test Cells Supply Chain Management to identify vendors and get quotations for sub-contracted work.
• In response to Customer’s RFQ, specifications, etc., develop cost estimates, proposals, compliance matrix and other bid documents for Test Cells projects to describe the solution that is being bid. Ensure proposal, bid documents and price estimates are consistent with each other.
• Maintain quote tracking log on a daily basis.
• Communicate with customers to provide status and receive feedback on quotes.
• Develop and maintain cost estimates and proposal text for standardized equipment.
• Collaborate with Sales and Engineering to balance competing priorities of cost and function to develop cost effective solutions providing Best Value to the customers.
• Collaborate with different engineering disciplines (ME, EE, CE, Aero-acoustic, etc.) to develop solutions compliant with customer requirements.
• Assist Test Cells Supply Chain Management to maintain effective communication between suppliers and Test Cells organizations and personnel.
• Build relationships at supplier base via telephone and email to support the estimating process.
• Participate in continuous improvement of processes and procedures.
• Support SMS Project Managers with managing orders, maintaining tracking logs, project performance, and customer satisfaction
• Ability to exercise independent and discretionary judgment regarding confidential matters.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Highly effective communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, and works independently.
• Computer skills — Microsoft Office, high proficiency in Excel and Word; knowledgeable in MS Projects and PowerPoint.
• Detail-oriented self-starter with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities and communicate goals, objectives, and accomplishments to team members.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to read engineering drawings.
• Proficiency in mathematical calculations.
• Proven ability to think critically about both customer and needs and solutions.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and seeks to maintain quality standards.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver a positive customer service experience. Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, and team members.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• In lieu of a degree, 2-3 years of related experience will be considered.