· The HR Shared Services Payroll Clerk will provide payroll services to various growth centers and provide assistance to internal customers (employees).
· The clerk must work closely with HR Shared Services to insure accuracy of all employee data.
· This includes payment to employees, taxes, and employee elected deductions and divisional costs.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
· Multi-state payroll processing in a Shared Services environment for hourly, union, and salaried employees.
· Perform all functions required to process payroll on time and accurately.
· Reconcile and post Pay Cycle from supportive records to General Ledger and balance against other records.
· Provide various regular and ad hoc reports to Managers and Controllers.
· Work closely with HR to maintain union information in payroll and time & attendance system.
· Provide time and Attendance system support for Managers and employees.
· Assist with reconciliation of various tax or benefit accounts.
· Validate 401k deductions, contributions, and loan activity.
· Maintaining employee documentation as required, such as personnel files, state reports, confirmation of employment eligibility, medical files, etc.
· Educating employees and managers of services available to them and encouraging self-service tools in Workday, ADP, and other systems.
· Work with GFSS to ensure timely and effective data transfer between the teams and systems, as appropriate.
· Escalate/triage issues or queries to Shared Service Representatives, Business Partners and/or COEs as needed.
· Participate in enterprise-wide projects such as HR system upgrades or implementation of new HR technology regionally/globally, including testing and training, as needed.
· Collaborate effectively with team members in order to execute tasks and fulfill key deliverables within Global Business Services function in order to develop credibility, supporting and backing up Global Business Services peers as needed.
· Provide union administrative support, updating system information to align with union agreements.
· Supports audits including internal audits, external audits and internal compliance reviews.
· Provides data as requested to support internal investigations, regulatory compliance reviews and other reviews.
· Implements and maintains data privacy contractual framework as required.
· Provides feedback to assist in developing client services improvement projects (e.g. improve Tier 1 communications, Knowledge base content updates…).
· Key Competencies: (Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
· Continuous improvement mindset Cross-boundary collaboration Effective communication Know the business Inspiring accountability
· Key Relationships: External: ADP Internal: GFSS, COEs, TACOE, Employees, Managers, HR Shared Services
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Required Qualifications: Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job. Associate’s degree or certificate in accounting or related field (CPP certification a plus) 3+ years of related experience in payroll, accounting or time and attendance (ADP experience preferred) Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of human resources practices, state and federal labor laws and regulations Ability to work independently and function well in a team and matrix structure Ability to act independently and quickly solve problems, make decisions with a strong customer oriented focus Embraces change and demonstrates ability to operate as an agent of change Strong organizational skills, with the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously, while maintaining high accuracy and attention to detail Treat highly confidential information with utmost integrity Ability to develop and deliver relevant, effective training programs to targeted audiences Excellent interpersonal, communication (written & verbal), and customer service skills