What we are looking for:
- The ERP Administration team, is responsible for ensuring optimum performance, integrity, and availability of enterprise and departmental databases and their related infrastructure components, and for providing expert database services to faculty, students, staff, and administrators throughout the system.
- The enterprise databases for which ERPA is responsible are used by applications systems that support every campus in the system; the decisions and quality-of- work of the Database Administrators (DBA) therefore have significant and immediate impact on the entire enterprise.
- This position is responsible for administration of highly complex database management system (DBMS) software, databases, and technology stack components including Oracle Exadata platform.
- The person in this position will also work closely with Data Management tools and applications in addition to databases.
Principal duties: Database Administration (70%)
- Administer databases and database management technology.
- Recommend and implement policies, standards, and procedures for gaining access to and using database management software.
- Perform performance measurement and tuning of database management systems.
- Perform debugging, problem analysis, and problem resolution of database management systems.
- Liaison between client and database software vendors to document and resolve problems.
- Design, implement, and execute database backup and recovery procedures to ensure that data can be restored effectively.
- Study and recommend new releases and upgrades of database server software for their applicability for the University's needs.
- Acquire, install, test, and implement new releases and upgrades of database server software. Work with application users to minimize disruption caused by the installations.
- With the DBA team, recommend, acquire, and implement database management tools, such as tools for performance monitoring and tuning.
- Identify and diagnose existing and potential problems with database server technology, and take the appropriate corrective action.
Data Management Tools Administration (10%)
- Be a primary technologist for Madison and System Data Management systems including business intelligence, reporting, extract-transform-load (ETL) and analytics tools.
- Apply patches and updates regularly to maintain security and operation integrity data management tools.
- Respond to customer requests including problem reports, including answering questions and troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Provide recommendations to technology teams in the design, acquisition, and implementation of the technical infrastructure components (database servers, application servers, fileservers, etc.) for system-wide and campus-wide data management systems.
- Liaison with customers and suppliers of products and services related to data tools, including technical specifications, cost estimates, and schedules.
- Organize, plan, and schedule projects related to Data Management Tools Services.
- Provide periodic project status reports to customers, suppliers, and management.
- Conduct short- and long-range planning for topics related to Data Management Tools and Services.
Consulting and Training (10%)
- Provide technical training with RDBMS and other data-related software.
- Provide technical expertise and training with Data Tools especially with reporting, analytics and extract, transform and load (ETL) technology.
- Recommend standards and guidelines for using database and tools servers, and assist in setting department direction with data tools infrastructure, database and other data management applications.
- Provide technical support backup to other ERP staff.
Other Duties (10%)
- Participate in appropriate staff meetings, read pertinent documents, participate in necessary task forces and committees, provide/update technical documentation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, respect and ethical practices in alignment with the Universitys Mission and Foundational Principles.
- Please see attached Position Description Document for qualification requirements
Recruiter - Consultant
P: (609) 606-9010, Ext: 2989 | D/M: 609-779-1681