We are actively seeking Maintenance Technician to become an integral part of our client’s team (Toll Brothers, Inc.) . You will perform the following list responsibilities:-
Role – Maintenance Technician
Duration – 4 months contract with possible extension + Temp to hire.
Work shift (days/times) – Flexible
Hourly Pay – USD 22.00 per hour on W2.
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor as well as the Property Manager and is responsible for ensuring that the physical aspect of the apartment community meets company standards and applicable laws. Diagnose problems and makes repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural and appliance.
• Ability to commit to a 24 hour on call schedule established by the Supervisor. While on call, must respond by telephone within 15 minutes and begin repair work within 30 minutes of determining emergency situation. Overtime may be required as needed.
• Must be available on notice in the event of snow and ice and other on-site emergencies. Position requires snow removal, shoveling and salting.
• Make-ready vacant units as required including but not limited to, repair of necessary appliances, flooring, drywall, paint any other construction or maintenance, trash removal, repairs, cleaning carpets, etc.
• Responsible for maintaining grounds and common areas including picking up trash, sweeping sidewalks/driveways, watering trees & shrubs, cleaning offices, hallways, restrooms, lounge areas, stairways, pool area, etc.
• Repair concrete, molding, masonry, roof, broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposal, fixture and fencing if and when required.
• Perform work order/service requests within 24 hours of initial call.
• Perform repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets circuits etc.
• Carry out preventative maintenance by performing 'tests', on all property equipment (to include electrical, plumbing and heating) and listen for unusual sounds from equipment, detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variation with supervisor or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair on machine.
• Mount, install and maintain all fire extinguisher and smoke detectors.
• Assist in inspection of property
• Be familiar with the location of gas and water meter cut off, all apartment cut off and sewer clean outs.
• Test all lock doors and key sets.
• Paint interior and exterior.
• Be able to work as a team and independently and help others both at the site and other sites and be flexible in transferring to other local regional sites if required.
• Responsible for daily cleanup of Maintenance Shop and assist in maintenance of maintenance materials and supplies.
• Attentive and cautious with regards to the overall security of the property, keeping all keys, including master keys, in your watchful possession never to be handed to any unauthorized person including vendors and contractors.
• Ability to report and give account of any incidents occurring on the site to the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
• Responsible for bringing tools to utilize on site for maintenance repairs.
• Any other duties as assigned
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
• Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time and keeps appointments with residents
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information on a one-on-one basis to residents, prospective residents and other co-workers.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• HVAC Certified
• CFC - Chlorofluorocarbon Certificate (Depending on Region)
• Valid drivers’ license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required.If you are interested in applying for the above mentioned role, please feel free to respond to this email and I’d be happy to talk you through the process and how you can submit your application.
Anita Vishwakarma - Recruiter
P: (609) 606-9010, Ext: 1485 OR D : (609) 779 -2094 OR M: ( 609) 380-9195
Compunnel - Is a Staffting agency which has just celebrate 25 years of being an equal opportunity employer. We cherish diversity and harbour inclusivity. Any discrimination on basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation or other applicable legally protected characteristics is forbidden.
Why Work Here?Compunnel Inc. has always been and will always be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Where every individual, solely on their merit, qualification and competency not only has equal economic opportunity but also for recruiting, training and career development. Our 2000+ members reflect a culture of diversity and inclusion and bring their authentic, original and best selves to work. Our inhouse team who looks over no discriminate against any employee and puts affirmative actions has full support of our Chief executive officer Andy Gaur and its top leaders branched out across Compunnel.
Room for growth, excellent work environment!