Location: Parsippany New Jersey
Pay Rate : $15.95
Duration: 1 year contract
Shift:SECOND SHIFT 4:45pm-2:15am
* No transportation is provided after the shift*
The ECM Machine Operator will work at the Parsippany, NJ Metem a GE Power business manufacturing plant and operate a variety of production equipment and tooling. You will also have ownership of safety, compliance, quality, and productivity.
• Observe company safety rules and regulations.
• Set-up and operate electro-chemical machines to cut metal work pieces to specifications following standard charts and manuals and applying knowledge of electro-chemical machining processes and methods.
• Examine operation sheets of product and plan operation of machine for any ECM operation.
• Dress electrodes according to standard practices and part requirements and identify any conditions that will render an electrode unusable.
• Position and secure work pieces on electro-chemical machine table with clamps, vices or holding fixtures. Perform minor adjustments to set-up of electrodes to ensure concentricity, alignment and depth of electrode to work piece using measuring instruments such as dial indicators or computer machine controllers.
• Turn controls to adjust machine settings such as voltage, current and electrode feed rate according to information on charts, operation sheets, data cards and/or knowledge of electro-chemical machine procedures. Turn valves to adjust flow of acid through electrodes and on work piece.
• Start machine and observe beginning of operation. Make adjustments as necessary within specifications to ensure operation runs smoothly. Check on machine and electrodes frequently throughout the operation.
• Inspect work pieces visually and with specified measuring instruments for conformance to specifications and record measured dimensions.
• Use electronic documenting system to update status of parts as they are moved throughout the plant and record all necessary quality information including accept/reject criteria and detailed information regarding any quality defects.
• Move completed work pieces to outgoing area, and from incoming area for next operation.
• Check set-up and electrodes at the start of each shift. Check depth of electrodes to work piece before every operation.
• As required, train and assist other operators with issues or difficulties.
• Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company.
• Maintain company production and quality standards.
• Report unusual problems or conditions to manager.
• Make a strong effort to achieve or exceed expected production output.
• Keep track of how much time is spent on each machine or activity throughout the shift and record daily through electronic system.
• Display an expert level understanding of all types of operations.
• Perform production, quality and machine troubleshooting on any type of operation or ECM machine.
• Perform, as assigned, other similar or related duties.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
P: 6096069010 EXT: 1457
“Compunnel is a proud equal opportunity employer. We cherish diversity and harbour inclusivity. Any discrimination on basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation or other applicable legally protected characteristics is forbidden.”