Job Title: Loan Processor/ Loan Closer
Duration: Permanent Full Time
The Processor is the key contact between the borrower and the Mortgage Loan Operation. The Processor communicates with the Borrower(s) through verbal and written communication. They will review and request documents required for the underwriter to clear the file for closing and index new inbound documents, placing them in the correct file locations. The Processor will determine when loans are ready to be returned to the UW for subsequent review. The Processor is responsible for managing their pipeline of loans and communicating to the Sales personnel (Loan Officer) regarding loan status.
In the role of process specialist, you will execute transactions as per prescribed guidelines and timelines, reviews and validates the inputs from the other team members, support your manager in training activities, daily operations reviews and help in escalation resolution with the objective to meet service level agreement targets for the specific process within the guidelines, policies and norms of Infosys.
In this role you will be responsible for transition coordination, process training and certifications for the team, talent management related activities, Service Level Agreement compliance and Process compliance. You will also be involved in day to day customer interactions, knowledge management and process reengineering activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Excellent Customer Service. The processor is the primary customer contact, and may act as liaison between the borrower, underwriter and loan advisor. Is required to provide periodic status updates, and timely return all incoming inquiry calls.
- Verifies, compiles, and types application information for mortgage loans and or titles Performs a general evaluation of the residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets established standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment and marital status.
- Calls specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey, and appraisal. Prepares loan for Initial Closing Disclosure issuance.
- Submit to Underwriting when Appraisal, Title and Credit are in.
- Provides quality loan processing, reviewing files for adherence to underwriting standards, and ensuring completeness prior to submission for underwriting for approval.
- Types and mails approval and denial letters to applicants.
- Submits approved mortgage loan file to the Mortgage Loan Closer for settlement.
- Records data on status of loans, including number of new applications and loans approved, canceled, or denied, using computer.
- Responsible for 40+ loan inventories, with 20+ loan closings per month.
- Train employees involved in the process how to handle all products.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- 2+ years of Mortgage processing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly adaptable team player
- Extremely organized, Strong attention to detail
- NMLS / Certification is an added advantage
- Knowledge of commonly used mortgage concepts, practices, procedures and Fannie/Freddie guidelines
- Problem solving abilities
- MS Office proficient.
“Compunnel is a proud equal opportunity employer. We cherish diversity and harbor inclusivity. Any discrimination on basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation or other applicable legally protected characteristics is forbidden.”
Why Work Here?Compunnel Inc. has always been and will always be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Where every individual, solely on their merit, qualification and competency not only has equal economic opportunity but also for recruiting, training and career development. Our 2000+ members reflect a culture of diversity and inclusion and bring their authentic, original and best selves to work. Our inhouse team who looks over no discriminate against any employee and puts affirmative actions has full support of our Chief executive officer Andy Gaur and its top leaders branched out across Compunnel.
Room for growth, excellent work environment!