- Delivery & Yard Maintenance Identify all items to be delivered or picked up with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Perform visual inspection of equipment being picked up and note any damage.
- Obtain customer’s signature on appropriate paperwork.
- Utilize motorized equipment handling machinery to safely load equipment on and off trucks and trailers.
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Department of Transportation and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Assist in securing load utilizing straps and chains.
- Ensure yard and loading areas are clear of debris and trash; accessories and equipment are organized and easy to access.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures and maintain a ‘Safety First’ approach when completing daily work tasks.
- Complete a Job Safety Assessment before beginning any job on a customer site.
- Ensure compliance with all Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently in a fast-paced environment Ability to work flexible hours in order to respond to customer emergencies Ability to read, write legibly and communicate effective with co-workers, supervisors/managers and customers both verbally and in writing Ability to read blue prints or other layout and design documents Basic computer skills Demonstrated ability to safely operate diesel powered hydraulic lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, front-end loaders, tow motors, tele handlers, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate small and large diameter fusion machines Mechanical aptitude with ability to diagnose and repair simple mechanical issues
Education and or/Experience:
- High school or general equivalency degree One to two years’ experience in the construction industry preferred Valid driver’s license with good driving record; Class A preferred or willingness to upgrade Class B License Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
- Prior experience operating heavy industrial equipment such as tele handlers, skid steers, air taggers, etc.
- Prior experience fusing HDPE pipe ranging from 2 inch to 48-inch Specialized Knowledge Required – Including any required certificates, licenses and registration Department of Transportation Medical card Fusion machine certification preferred Forklift certification preferred