Title: Lab Technician
Work Location: Commerce Rd, Richmond, VA 23234
Shift: 11:00 PM – 7:00 AM
Job Type: 12 months contract role
- Experience in Gas Chromatograph, HPLC, FT-IR, Refractometer, Densitometer, Luminometer, Viscometer, Oven Volatile Instrumentation, Sieve, and Cylinder Volume.
- Equipment Software: LIMS, SAP, and Microsoft Office.
- This position is responsible for sampling and performing physical and chemical analyses to support acceptance activities and routine product quality tests, as well as supporting special tests.
- The incumbent is expected to perform instrument calibrations, verifications, and troubleshooting to assure that quality system requirements are met or exceeded.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize, and execute work activities to ensure completion of sampling and testing requirements.
- The incumbent is expected to comply with Federal, State, and Company regulations including compliance with procedures, quality management system requirements, good laboratory practices, safety rules, and regulatory/environmental requirements.
- The incumbent is expected to apply problem solving techniques within the laboratory and to assist production in identifying, controlling, and resolving product and other quality issues.
- Laboratory testing requires that most of the time be spent standing.
- The incumbent is required to climb steps/ladders, sample bulk trucks, and lift samples or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Mandatory Skills and Education:
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Biology, or other sciences or equivalent experience required.
- At least 3-5 years of previous lab experience or demonstrated proficiency in laboratory analytical techniques.
- Experience in Gas and Liquid Chromatography, wet lab procedures, and statistical concepts are preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and computer skills are required.
- Demonstrated skills in analytical testing, leadership, and ability to work independently.
Recruiter | Compunnel Staffing
Why Work Here?Compunnel Inc. has always been and will always be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Where every individual, solely on their merit, qualification and competency not only has equal economic opportunity but also for recruiting, training and career development. Our 2000+ members reflect a culture of diversity and inclusion and bring their authentic, original and best selves to work. Our inhouse team who looks over no discriminate against any employee and puts affirmative actions has full support of our Chief executive officer Andy Gaur and its top leaders branched out across Compunnel.
Room for growth, excellent work environment!