- Success in this position requires
- Ability to develop communication strategies that support business goals.
- Ability to ascertain and recommend concise communication messages from a wide array of material and inputs.
- Capability to communicate business information and key messages to key audiences in an effective manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field 8 – 10 years of communications experience
- Both agency and in-house communications experience Interest in the agriculture industry
- Previous role in employee or corporate communications, sustainability communications, issues/crisis or media relations - Basic technical knowledge of agriculture, genetic improvement, biotechnology and the seed industry, high business acumen.
- Ability to work confidentially and under tight deadlines and control responses in public forums and interviews.
- Self-starter with a solution-oriented mindset. - Ability to be proactive and work in ambiguous situations.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationship inside and outside Corteva Agriscience and to work with intra and inter-company teams.
- Strong organizational skills, including project management ability and prioritizing skills.
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills - Willingness to learn and improve
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including Word and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of popular social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, What’s App, etc.
- The Manager, Sustainability Communications, creates strategic external and internal communications plans to engage key stakeholders including investors, NGOs, employees, suppliers and customers on priority issues impacting our business, positioning the company as a responsible ag leader.
- This role is accountable for reporting and serving as key communications lead on environmental, social and governance sustainability-related topics.
- This position reports to the Business Platform Communications Leader and will work cross-functionally and cross-geographically, to create messaging and strategic communications plans to support sustainability efforts. The role will also support key c-suite executive communications.