Technical Support Specialist
CompuWeigh Corp Waterbury, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CompuWeigh Corporation is the industry leader in grain facility automation equipment ranging from Bulkweigh Scale Controllers to full plant automation. We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Technical Support Specialist to provide technical support to our customers. This position includes providing support via phone, web, email, chat to our customers. A background in engineering or IT support is required, electrical knowledge is a big plus. Previous experience in Grain Industry is preferred but not required.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Regional travel to customer’s location mainly in United States (employees receive an additional incentive for travel)
- Required to be on call on a rotating schedule for after-hours technical support after completion of training (employees receive an additional incentive for being on call)
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proven working experience in enterprise technical support, IT support, or as a technical engineer
- Practical knowledge of simple electrical circuits, the ability to read electrical diagrams
- Excellent knowledge of Windows systems (server and desktop)
- Experience with batch utilities, shell scripting, and SQL query language
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
- Strong problem-solving skills for computer systems
- Previous experience in Grain Industry is preferred.
CompuWeigh CorpWhy Work Here?
Small company with plenty of room for growth and advancement!
TechnologyView all jobs at CompuWeigh Corp