Visa: Must be US Citizen
The Data Analytics Insight Consultant would be key in providing the client insights and understanding into the client data set, and responsible for presenting the data story in a meaningful and relevant way. This consultant would be responsible for providing growth of an analytics footprint at an existing Client client. The consultant would be considered in the "landing team " of the new analytics work, to be expanded with success, receiving oversight from existing analytics senior management.
Additionally, this consultant would be responsible for:
- Working with client to define business questions (i.e. problem statements), associated metrics, data challenges, and scope business objectives.
- Ability to manipulate and understand large, complex data sets, using a variety of technologies, including SQL, Power BI and potentially Python or R. data insights
- Ability to provide statistically relevant findings within the client data set.
- Research and analyze data to drive statistical analysis and results related to confirmed client business questions.
- Visualize analysis outputs in Power BI that enhances the user's understanding of the data story.
- Able to present and simplify forecasting and other statistical approaches, findings and concepts to the client.
- Design, develop and implement analytics reporting solutions as needed.
- With the help of System Engineers, support the creation or maintenance of a technical architecture that enables the advanced analytics using client data.
- Contribute to data innovation tasks and the development and delivery of high value and differentiating analytic insights to enhance business processes.
- Drive client to continued exploration and dive into data to expand analytics footprint
Minimum skills and qualifications:
- Must have US Citizenship
- 2-4 years of experience successfully delivering Analytics/Business Intelligence solutions
- 2-4 years of development experience with data exploration, reporting and/or data modeling
- 1-2 years of experience using R, Python or equivalent tool for statistical analysis
- Knowledge of advanced statistical and data mining techniques (e.g. regression, distributions, tests)
- Understanding of Data Warehousing
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and task management skills
- High proficiency with MS tools (PPT, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Understanding the SDLC
Preferred skills and qualifications:
Additional Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- High proficiency with database language (SQL, PL/SQL, etc.)
- Experience working in a large complex database (e.g. Oracle; Federal)
- Experience with data visualization/reporting application
- Experience working with developers and system engineers on various technical challenges (e.g. Data Modeling, Security, Architecture, etc.)
- Federal Government contracting industry experience
- Experience delivering using an Agile methodology
- Passion and analytical curiosity for helping clients solve problems.