We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! You will perform routine administrative and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly.
The Medical Assistant functions as a member of the care team. Under direct supervision of the provider and nursing leadership, performs a variety of administrative and clinical tasks to assist in the quality and compassionate care provided to patients. These duties include the greeting and escorting of patients to the exam room; taking medical histories, the measurement and recording of vital signs; preparing patients for the examination/procedure; and assisting the physician during the examination/procedure. Demonstrates clinical competence as a Medical Assistant.
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30-4:30 & 8 - 5
Includes travel as needed to: Canton, Taylor, Dearborn
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs (i.e. blood pressure, height, weight), and records information in patients electronic medical chart (Athena).
- Will be required to draw blood and collect urine specimens for analysis.
- Prepares treatment rooms for procedures and examination of patients.
- Assists physicians with procedures
- Will be required to perform a variety of tasks
- High School Diploma
- Certified Medical Assistant Program required
What we're looking for:
- Advanced communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior experience with Athena
- Basic level of medical knowledge and/or a willingness to learn quickly.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and correct grammar.
- Knowledge and compliance of HIPAA standards.
- Ability and willingness to take direction and be a member of a team providing patient care.
- Excellent job attendance, punctual. (Our providers count on you.)
- Ability to work approximately 40 hours per week (full time position) with predictable hours.
- Compliance with hospital and Comprehensive Urology policies, including HIPAA.
- US work authorization
- Somebody who embodies being " Exceptional”
What does being “" Exceptional” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
Why Comprehensive Urology?
Comprehensive Urology offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a large fast-paced company, focused on providing patients with the best possible care.
- Paid vacation/sick time (CTO) at 90 days, paid Holidays
- Retirement option, profit sharing
- Uniforms Provided
- Travel Pay
- Health, vision and dental benefits. Life, accident, STD, LTD, identity theft
- Supportive culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- We are a team of highly motivated, work hard/play hard individuals who believe in the mission of providing excellent urology care.
Why does Comprehensive Urology offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Comprehensive Urology is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply.
Why Work Here?Large Urology practice in the Detroit Metro and surrounding areas.
Work for a growing company alongside some of the best Urology providers in the Detroit area!