We are seeking an Optician/Medical Assistant to become a part of our team! You will perform optical and clinical assignments to keep the medical facility running smoothly. We are looking for a full or part-time team member.
- Improves customers' vision by filling ophthalmic prescriptions; duplicating current prescriptive lenses.
- Provides eyeglasses and contact lenses by filling written optical prescriptions; determining client's current prescription, using lensometer or lens analyzer.
- Evaluates client's vocational and a-vocational visual requirements by reviewing optical requirements.
- Measures customer by measuring bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical center of eyes using millimeter rule and light reflex pupillometer.
- Helps clients select frames by offering commentary on styles, colors, coordinating frames with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Maintains quality by verifying finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Ensures that eyeglasses fit customer by adjusting frames.
- Educates customers by offering instructions in eyeglass and contact lens care and use.
- Collects revenues by preparing charges; collecting payment.
- Enhances optical center reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for ophthalmology examination by dilating their pupils; reporting patient history summary, changes in visual acuity, ocular pressure, or blood pressure to ophthalmologist.
- Saves ophthalmologist's time by helping with office procedures such as laser surgeries, tear duct probes.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsels patients by transmitting physician's orders, use of drops, contact lenses, drugs, and questions about surgery.
- Schedules surgeries by making arrangements with the surgical center; verifying times with patients; preparing charts, pre-admission and consent forms.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the ophthalmology practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances ophthalmology practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Licensed Optician or previous optical or ophthalmic medical assisting experience.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment