Junior Design Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Junior Design Engineer:
As a Junior Design & Development Engineer, you will be required to research and develop new products and the processes required to produce them. Will review existing products and processes to update and improve product designs, to reduce cost of production, and to increase efficiency of the manufacturing processes.
You will understand the development and improvement of product designs with the focus on “Design for Manufacturing”. DFM will ensure the most effective and efficient methods of manufacturing, and ensure high quality, repeatable processes are employed throughout the production processes, from design, implementation, to final delivery.
Must be proficient in all aspects of Solidworks 3D CAD software and have a working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D. Have the ability to read and interpret third party drawings, prints and specifications. Must be able to create engineering drawing and prints in CAD system.
The Junior Design Engineer reports directly to the Production Manager, and indirectly to the company President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the development of new product designs to meet company requirements.
· Will research and develop the necessary production methods and processes to produce current and new products, in a cost effective and efficient method.
· Constantly review existing products and designs and propose design & process improvements to increase quality of products and reduce costs of manufacturing.
· Work directly with Customers on new product design, existing product revisions and customizations.
· Will work directly with the Production Department to develop new products & processes.
· Will provide all necessary documentation required by the Production Department to effectively produce all products, in all processes.
· Will maintain all Design Files, Design Documentation and ensure all design and production documentation is of the most current revision, both on file and on the shop floor.
· Engineer will be responsible for ensuring all production staff are trained on any new products or processes when implemented.
· Must be proficient in every aspect of Solidworks 3D CAD software and have a working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D.
· Some experience working in a production environment would be beneficial, but not essential.
· 1-2 years work experience in a design or engineering capacity.
· Ability to read prints, interpret drawings and specifications
· Ensure all processes meet minimum quality standards for in-process and finished products.
· Will maintain all housekeeping policies, and ensure cleanliness of all areas and workstations, at all times, daily.
· Ability to work in a team environment with strong, positive communication skills
· Good computer skills, including Excel, Word and Outlook
· Understanding of Lean, 5S, Six Sigma concepts a benefit
· Any other tasks as assigned by management.
· Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on product and process design and/or manufacturing.
· Proficient in every aspect of Solidworks 3D CAD software and have a working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D.
· Have the ability to read and interpret third party drawings, prints and specifications.
· Must be able to create engineering drawing and prints in CAD systems.
· Advanced Computer skills in CAD, and general office software.
· Have the ability to learn new ERP systems.
· Will be required to develop detailed Bills of Material for all existing and new products.
· Have a working knowledge of basic manufacturing principles.
· Very Competitive wage rates plus overtime eligible.
· Excellent health benefits package, paid vacation, paid sick days.
· 401K offered after 1-year continuous employment.
· Paid public holidays.
Component Fabricators Inc.
5901 Middlebrook PikeKnoxville, TN
Get fresh Junior Electrical Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.