United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County changes lives and improves our community by mobilizing people and resources to drive strategic impact in health, education, and financial stability. Funds raised by United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County remain local and are invested in 220+ programs at over 110 local nonprofits.
We are currently seeking Loaned Executives for our 2020 Community Campaign. The Loaned Executive is a temporary, full-time position from August 3, 2020 to December 10, 2020. As a Loaned Executive you will be responsible for serving as the liaison between United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County and organizations running workplace campaigns. You will support organization staff in raising visibility of United Way and running successful campaigns.
Why be a Loaned Executive?
- You will make great connections in the community working with business and community leaders, key organization contacts and other United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County staff.
- You will receive fantastic opportunities to learn about key community organizations.
- You’ll receive top-of-the-line training and become proficient in: fundraising, customer relationship management, project management, non-profit experience, and public speaking.
- You will strengthen your knowledge of community issues and organizations that address those issues.
- You will increase your confidence, executive presence and leadership abilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directly impact the community by raising money that supports programs that make a difference.
- Receive top notch training, to include insider knowledge on how United Way raises funds and monitors success.
- Besides fundraising, you’ll be trained on public speaking, executive presence and customer management.
- Be assigned a portfolio of organizations that hold workplace giving campaigns to support.
- Develop a positive, professional working relationship with the assigned organizations’ ambassadors and assist them with planning and conducting a successful campaign.
- Provide necessary campaign materials, present to various employee groups and/or coordinate agency tours and speakers.
- Educate your assigned organizations’ employees about the impact United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County makes by sharing amazing, heartfelt stories about the people we help.
- Achieve assigned dollar and participation goals by your professional interactions, effective follow-up and timely collection of campaign pledges.
- Maintain records for assigned accounts including detailed data and notes about campaign activities.
- Provide an evaluation with recommendations for each assigned company, outlining future growth opportunities.
- Adjustments to responsibilities may be made to accommodate virtual campaigns.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of relatable work experience is preferred or an internship/community service.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable automobile and auto insurance coverage (mileage is reimbursed).
- Accountability, excellent customer service and commitment to making our community campaign successful.
- Flexibility to work an occasional night and weekend.
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds (to deliver campaign materials) and to walk, sit and stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work independently with little direction and supervision, and a desire and ability to work as a team.
- Comfort working in a variety of work environments and cultures – from banking to manufacturing and everything in-between.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – especially email and phone etiquette.
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (for email and shared calendars).
- Phone computer and internet access outside of the office, to work remotely if necessary.
How Do I Apply?
Please visit https://www.milwaukeejobs.com/j/42141956 to apply directly!
Equal Opportunity Employer
CPA is proud to have served independent pharmacies for over 25 years. We have over 1,600 members in 42 states throughout the United States with over $6 billion in annual wholesaler purchases. CPA is able to leverage this buying power to save the average pharmacy $100,000 per year compared to their current deal.
CPA is 100% member owned and we provide complete financial transparency. There are no gimmicks and no gotchas. CPA will save you time and money.