Azure Data Engineer
Are you an experienced data engineer looking for a new opportunity to be a key part of a major project to move and refactor all of our on premise data to Azure? Would you like to be a part of a small team where you can make an huge impact by researching the best practices, developing the new solutions, and assisting in the leadership of this design and move project? Do you have a keen eye for detail, working to ensure all data and documentation is thoroughly reviewed and accurate?
Compliant Pharmacy Alliance Cooperative in Stoughton, WI, is currently seeking an Azure Data Engineer to join their team. This role can be a remote role, but will need to be within driving distance of Stoughton as there will be periodic needs to be onsite.
The Data Engineer develops, constructs, and maintains database systems and data pipeline processing systems. They are responsible for building data acquisition processes, managing data flows through distributed systems, and storing data utilizing relational databases and flat files. They also create and maintain accurate reporting and analytical tools relative to the organization's needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and build data processing components and systems utilizing Azure and Microsoft 365 technologies
- Engineering of Azure SQL database solutions that adhere to Microsoft's best practices
- Responsible for the design and creation of SQL tables, schema, views, and stored procedures that adhere to business needs and best practices
- Responsible for the governance and security of SQL databases, including table, row, and field-level granular access
- Design-driven data models such as dimensional, relational, and distributed
- Build, maintain, and fix pipelines using workflow management applications such as SSIS, Azure Data Factory, and Microsoft Power Platform
- Create discovery dashboards and reports with Azure Data Explorer
- Acquire, analyze, combine, synthesize, transform, and store data from a wide range of internal and external sources
- Assist with building CI/CD deployment pipelines for data system components
- Develop and support monitoring solutions for data systems and components
- Improve automation and consistency in all facets of report generation and company data
- Develop and produce reports for internal staff and cooperative members
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable experience
- 5-8 years of relevant experience with computers, computer systems, software, and business analysis
- Experience with Azure data technologies such as Azure Storage, Azure Data Lake Gen2, Azure SQL Databases, and Azure Data Factory
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Strong analytical skills desired
- Fluent working within SSRS, SSIS, and SSMS
- Deep understanding of relational database systems
- Knowledge of Data Lake Gen2 design and best practices
- Experience building and automating data system components
- Experience with Power BI and the Microsoft Power Platform
- Experience with performance tuning SQL Databases and query execution
- Versioning of database configurations and schemas
- Experience deploying through a CI/CD pipeline with Azure DevOps involving git repositories, code analysis, and dev-test development
- Automated analysis optimizations based on performance metrics
- Strong PowerShell skills
- Experience in the full data engineering lifecycle, from business understanding to building operational systems
- Knowledge and awareness of regulations around the use of PII data
CPA is proud to have served independent pharmacies for over 25 years. We have over 1,600 members in 42 states throughout the United States with over $6 billion in annual wholesaler purchases. CPA is able to leverage this buying power to save the average pharmacy $100,000 per year compared to their current deal.
CPA is 100% member owned and we provide complete financial transparency. There are no gimmicks and no gotchas. CPA will save you time and money.
Compliant Pharmacy Alliance CooperativeINDUSTRY'S BEST PURCHASING GROUP CPA is proud to have served independent pharmacies for over 25 years. We have over 1,600 members in 42 states throughout the United States with over $6 billion in annual wholesaler purchases. CPA is able to leverage this buying power to save the average pharmacy $100,000 per year compared to their current deal. CPA is 100% member owned and we provide complete financial transparency. There are no gimmicks and no gotchas. CPA will save you time and money.