Azure Cloud Engineer
Are you a Systems Engineer looking to take the next step in your career within the Azure Cloud platform? Would you like a role where you keep your hand in administration and maintenance, but also get the opportunity to do engineering and architecture? Would you like the sense of ownership, taking our on-prem Tier 1 systems and building forward, engineering out solutions in Azure that will facilitate our future infrastructure?
Compliant Pharmacy Alliance (CPA) in Stoughton, WI, is currently seeking an Azure Cloud Engineer to join their team. This role can be a remote role but will need to come into the Stoughton office periodically (ideal candidates would be within the Milwaukee, Madison, Chicago, Rockford areas). CPA values their employees by providing a strong compensation and benefits package on top of a casual, fun, engaging work environment.
The Azure Cloud Engineer is responsible for the administration and engineering of the Compliant Pharmacy Alliance® Azure cloud platform including Azure DevOps and Microsoft 365. Duties will also include providing input into developing cloud architecture tailored to Microsoft's best practices. This role works closely with leadership to guide cloud technology decisions and ensures that systems perform as designed within the cloud environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering value for the business while balancing security and functionality
- Ensure best practices for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS cloud solutions
- Developing infrastructure as code (IaC) for Azure deployments and ARM templates
- Be part of an agile/scrum team with cross-functional boundaries using DevOps best practices
- Develop and manage Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines for IaC and developer code deployments
- Manage governance by creating and applying policies to Azure Management Groups and Subscriptions
- Collaborate on cloud architecture and strategy
- Troubleshooting complex problems sometimes spanning on-premises and multiple cloud environments
- Engineer log aggregation systems using Azure App Insights and Azure Log Analytics Workspaces
- Ingest aggregated log data to Splunk and Azure Sentinel
- Design and implement cost-saving measures into Azure without compromising security
- Work with IT support administering Microsoft 365 and all related components
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable field and the following work experience
- 3+ years of experience with the Azure cloud
- 2+ years of experience working with Azure DevOps (ADO) or Team Foundation Server
- 2+ years of experience administering Office 365 or Exchange Server
- Experience working in environments with various Azure-based PaaS & SaaS services (Data Lake Gen2, Data Factory, SQL, Azure AD, Machine Learning, etc.)
- Strong scripting experience using PowerShell (Azure CloudShell, Power CLI)
- Must be comfortable deploying production Azure resources from code
- Experience with Azure Blueprints and Azure Resource Manager
- Experience managing Azure Management Groups, Subscriptions, and Resource Groups
- A high degree of knowledge in virtual networking (vNETs, NSGs, Private Endpoints, Application Gateways, and Firewalls)
- Knowledge in cloud security and general security best practices (SOC, PCI, NIST, HIPAA)
- Understanding the practical application of methodologies like Agile, Scrum and DevOps
- Familiarity with Azure backup methodologies to off-cloud targets
- Current or past Windows Server administration experience
- Must be willing to partake in the administrative responsibilities of Azure AD, Office 365, Exchange Online, and SharePoint Online
- Any experience with the following is a plus: Azure Cloud Platform, Azure DevOps, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Power Platform, (Power BI, Power Automate, or Power Apps), Splunk, Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange Server, Cisco Meraki, Microsoft Dynamics
CPA is proud to have served independent pharmacies for over 25 years. We have over 1,600 members in 42 states throughout the United States with over $6 billion in annual wholesaler purchases. CPA is able to leverage this buying power to save the average pharmacy $100,000 per year compared to their current deal.
CPA is 100% member owned and we provide complete financial transparency. There are no gimmicks and no gotchas. CPA will save you time and money.
Compliant Pharmacy Alliance CooperativeINDUSTRY'S BEST PURCHASING GROUP CPA is proud to have served independent pharmacies for over 25 years. We have over 1,600 members in 42 states throughout the United States with over $6 billion in annual wholesaler purchases. CPA is able to leverage this buying power to save the average pharmacy $100,000 per year compared to their current deal. CPA is 100% member owned and we provide complete financial transparency. There are no gimmicks and no gotchas. CPA will save you time and money.