Compliance and Risk Management Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Compliance and Risk Management Manager for a Federally Qualified Health Center with 16 locations in the Bay Area.
JOB SUMMARY: As the primary lead in charge of Client’s compliance and risk management programs, this position works under the supervision and guidance of the Sr Director of People Operations and Compliance. TheCompliance and Risk Management Manager develops a system for uniform handling of violations in regulations, policies, protocols, and procedures, by conducting root-cause analysis, internal investigations, and following notice requirements where applicable. Specifically, the position is responsible for risk assessment and management in areas of performance for the organization, measuring against established standards for compliance, providing timely and efficient reporting to management and parties accountable within the organization.
The individual in this role will command extensive knowledge in FQHC standards of practice, including HRSA requirements, as well as other legal and ethical codes and regulations applicable to FQHCs and health care organizations.
· Manages day-to-day operations of the Compliance and Risk Management department.
· Supports ongoing development, refinement, implementation, measurement, ongoing improvement, and effectiveness of Client’s Compliance and Risk Management Plan.
· Documents and provides regular reporting to the VP of Practice Management and Compliance for the CEO and Board of Directors (BOD) on the status of Compliance and Risk Management Program.
· In conjunction with the VP of Practice Management and Compliance, develops and implements a written plan that describes the Compliance and Risk Management Program.
· Writes, implements, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance and Risk Management Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
· Leads and participates on teams that identify the best-known compliance and operational practices to achieve and retain optimal outcomes.
· Ensures that all 330 HRSA guidelines are adhered to on an ongoing basis as well as other key regulatory agencies.
· With the VP of Practice Management and Compliance, leads and guides the HRSA Operational Site Visit, with the support of the Sr. Human Resources Director, Director of Accounting and with the Sr. Director of Population Health and Quality.
· Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the Compliance Hotline (Lighthouse); (b) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct and HIPAA rules, and (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
· Oversees compliance with and completes application for the FTCA redeeming process and program requirements.
· Assists the Vice President of Practice Management and Compliance with monthly meetings, collaborates with management and staff to identify and support implementation of risk management, quality and compliance monitoring, and review audits as required by 340B program and other regulatory agencies.
· Oversees policy distribution to operational owners and revision tracking, including compilation of a monthly Board report of policies to be approved.
· Create and send a quarterly summary of all approved policies to “All Staff.”
· Responsible for assuring maintenance of compliance and risk management intranet resources.
· Interprets regulations, standards and laws, educates, investigates, drafts policies, builds a business case for necessary changes, researches and presents best practices, leads projects to reduce barriers to care and mitigate problems and liabilities.
· Works closely with the Practice Management on Emergency Preparedness and monthly Safety Meetings.
· Serves as the lead for all external and internal compliance and risk management audits; ensures that corrective action plans are documented in a timely manner and effectively implemented.
· Collaborates with the VP of Practice Management and Compliance in the investigation of clinical events including events; leads and/or participates in the development of root cause analyses as directed by the CMO.
· Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees, trainings required by law, as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
· Will serve as consultant for employee disciplinary matters involving policy violations as needed.
· Works with the Sr. Director of IT on maintaining communication and staying abreast of HIPAA security assessment and incident reports.
· Chairs the monthly Compliance Workgroup meetings and collaborates with management and staff to identify, review and support implementation of compliance monitoring and audits as required by HRSA, Patient Centered Medical Home, Meaningful Use, and health plan programs.
· Stores and maintains the Client’s vendor contracts, ensuring key dates of contracts are monitored.
· Performs all duties in accordance with Client’s Service Excellence Standards.
· Assumes other duties, including special projects, as assigned, or needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are notintended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and expectations required of the position.
- Must have extensive knowledge and understanding of standards and relevant legislation, laws, regulations, precedents, and protocol of clinical practice, preferred in a Federally Qualified Health Care setting.
- Familiarity with operational, financial, and general personnel procedures and regulations required.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to make decisions utilizing information based on regulations, and gained through investigation, and research.
- Knowledge of comparative databases and reporting requirements, EHR systems strongly preferred.
- Capacity to work at a fast pace with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work well with all levels of diverse work force.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working directly with corporate compliance, legal or risk management and/or in a healthcare setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, business management, nursing, legal studies, or related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Legal degree or Master’s in public health, business management, related field, or equivalent, highly preferred.
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) a significant plus.
Compliance Systems Management
22331 Mission Boulevard HaywardHayward, CA
Get fresh Compliance Risk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.