Safety Program Manager
Compliance Management International Montgomery County, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you looking to join an innovative, rapidly growing company that values its employees and offers a flexible work environment and the opportunity for professional development? Then Compliance Management International (CMI) is the company for you.
CMI is a leading, global provider of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) services with over 25 years of experience. We have partnered with thousands of domestic and international organizations, including Fortune 500 companies, to develop, implement, and manage EHS programs that reduce insurance costs and legal liabilities while improving compliance and culture.
Safety Program Manager
We are seeking to hire a dynamic team player as a Health and Safety Professional to join our team of experienced professionals.
Note: This role is a three (3) month contract-to-hire opportunity. The goal is to begin employment immediately on an hourly basis and transition to full-time after 90days.
- Provide H&S in a manufacturing, wastewater, energy & construction environment.
- Conduct assessments and audits to improve compliance and HS culture.
- Conduct employee and supervisory training and coaching both in person and virtually.
- Build relationships through effective communication and responsiveness.
- Work independently to support company and client initiatives.
- Develop engaging training materials for in person and virtual learning.
- Hours/days of work: M-F 8:30 AM-5 PM EST
Required Skills & Experience:
Assist team with daily responsibilities, on the floor presence, compliance to site policies, assist with HS reports.
Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in all or one (1) environment: manufacturing, wastewater, energy and/or construction environment (s).
- Experience in health and safety environment
- Associates or bachelor's degree in safety related field.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and delivery of quality materials.
- Ability to organize, facilitate, and manage meetings and tasks.
- Experience with writing clear and concise reports
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Outstanding professional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Preferred Skills:
- Certification in a related area (ASP, GSP or OHST) preferred, not required.
- Experience as a consultant supporting various clients, a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations, a plus
- Come work for a company that values its employees, clients, and contribution to the Environmental, Health and Safety community.
Come work for a company that values its employees, clients, and contribution to the EHS community.
Here's what we have to offer:
- Internationally Recognized Brand in EHS Services
- Professional Development
- Company Paid Training
- Flexible Work Environment
- Competitive Compensation Based on Experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401K, etc.
- Paid Holidays and Generous PTO Package
CMI is an equal opportunity employer, and considers all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Compliance Management International
AddressMontgomery County, MD
BusinessView all jobs at Compliance Management International