EPC Senior Buyer
- Expired: 22 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: 77084 (Katy Frwy), On-site position
You MUST have EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction) industry experience on your resume!
A Buyer has a thorough understanding of the total process flow and knowledge of the procurement and expediting systems and a working knowledge of the inspection, logistics and site material receiving systems. They work on assignments that are complex in nature, where judgment is required in resolving problems and making recommendations. They work under minimum departmental supervision. On larger projects this buyer may be assigned the lead buyer position and take on the additional duties of coordinating with expeditors and logistics coordinators assigned to a project. EPC industry experience (engineering, procurement & construction) needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with project specific assigned buyers, expeditors and logistics coordinators. Project personnel may be located at the same office location, or remotely in other time zones. Project personnel may also not be direct employees.
- Assist management to define and document the project specific procurement policy, strategy, and objectives and commitment to quality and to ensure that this is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels in the project.
- The project specific developed strategy shall include coordination with all stakeholders to ensure that the total cost to project is considered along with establishing which strategic purchasing tools shall be used such as e-auction, cluster management, and other cost saving leverages.
- Order placement in the ERP system (SAP).
- Work with assigned expeditors, as required, contacting suppliers to obtain timely submission of production progress, documentation, shipment plans and delivery.
- Expedites actions as needed (e.g., order action, stakeholder coordination, OS&D reports, etc.).
- Evaluate production schedules, shipping dates and progress reports from suppliers to determine if their programs and work progress meet jobsite, QA, and engineering requirements.
- Compiles data needed to prepare the critical items reports (over size shipment) or other supplementary reports as required.
- Coordinate the accumulation of data from expeditors and issues regular reports.
- Participates in kick-off/procurement meetings to review and discuss schedules and potential problem areas that may impact required shipment dates as required.
- Ensures the logistics coordinator coordinates shipping arrangements or tracking requests with the project buyers/expeditor as required.
- As required, trips to Site or Supplier locations.
- Solicits bids, analyzes quotations received, and selects recommended suppliers. May interview prospective suppliers.
- Purchases items and services at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors.
- Acts as liaison with suppliers and Company.
- Sets priorities and reconciles conflicting interests over the duration of a project.
- Demonstrates through actions an understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Initiates, issues and administers purchase orders.
- Prepares bidder's lists from Company approved suppliers.
- Maintains manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and communications.
- Ensures all orders are completed and delivered as per the commercial requirements established.
- 10 years’ minimum experience as a Buyer in the Engineering industry, with preference on buying for the power, petrochemical, heavy industrial, chemical plants and heavy industrial process industries.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with supply chain, including purchase, expediting, logistics, inspection, receiving, asset and inventory management procedures.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully and develop alternative solutions.
- Working knowledge of commercial and legal aspects of procurement.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- General knowledge of quality assurance.
Complete Technical Services, Inc.
Get fresh EPC Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!