***overnight and daytime shifts available***
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
- The Guest Services Specialist (GSS) works from the company's policies and procedures developed to ensure a safe shelter environment for guests and staff.
- The Guest Services Specialist has a primary focus on the direct care of guests and, as such, responds to guests in a timely and professional manner based on the prioritization of guests’ needs.
- The GSS assists with the development and implementation of a housing pathway by motivating guests to rapidly work on housing and connecting guests to appropriate resources.
- The Guest Services Specialists will also assist guests in connecting with substance abuse, mental health and medical resources when the shelter cannot safely accommodate a guests needs.
- The GSS is required to stay energized and focused even when demands are ambiguous and strenuous.
- The GSS is required to enter data into the Homeless Management Information (HMIS) system and to document reports in keeping with agency policy.
- The GSS is required to make sound decisions and appropriately seeks guidance from a supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to stretch, bend and lift up to (twenty-five) 25 lbs
- Ability to assist guests up and down stairs, and in-and-out of wheelchairs
- Ability to respond quickly to emergencies
- Ability to respond safely, quickly, and calmly in emergencies and to emergency situations
- Ability to use good judgement in stressful or emotionally charged situations
- The sensitivity and patience to work with guests suffering from mental illness (many untreated), alcohol and other drug addiction and abuse
- Ability to be resilient in difficult and ambiguous situations
- Ability to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to comprehend and apply Motivational Interviewing and Trauma-Informed Care skills
- Ability to communicate/speak (as well as to listen) in a non-judgmental manner