Youth Program Coordinator 22/hr
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is recovery/wellness center looking for full time Youth Program Coordinator.
Bilingual highly preferred.
- Conduct outreach to recruit youth for programs
- Facilitate Youth Leadership Corps (YLC) Black Girls Rock (BGR) and other youth prevention programming
- Conduct outreach, build relationships, and grow our network of middle schools, high schools, and youth serving organizations in the Greater Lowell area
- Implement education training to youth serving providers on sexual violence and social justice
- Provide psychoeducation and advocacy with and for youth, survivors, predominantly youth of color, refugee and immigrants, and LGBQ/T communities
- Work to develop culturally relevant curricula and programming for participants and communities we serve
- Collaborate and work with Hope Prevents team
- Collaborate and work with Survivor Services team around creative intervention for youth survivors
- Conduct needs assessments and evaluations for youth programming development and implementation
- Participate in providing coverage for 24-hour hotline. Support web-based chat services
- Once trained support internal RCC training
- Other related duties as determined by direct supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience (e.g., social work, sociology, psychology, community organizing)
- Cultural Relevant practice and skills working with BIPOC communities
- 1-3 years’ experience working with youth and/or adults who work with youth
- Previous youth organizing experience in training, outreach, and mentorship
- Experience working at a youth serving organization or in a prevention program
- Experience working with and/or developing and implementing curricula, culturally relevant programs, and services for historically underserved populations (e.g., youth of color, LGBQ/T, refugees and immigrants, youth and young adults, people with disabilities, etc.)
- Excellent presentations skill and communication skills both verbal/written
- Must be RCC trained or willing to be trained within three months of employment
- Ability to travel in Lowell, within state, and work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Lived experience with violence.
- Desire for and comfort with mentoring young people and youth work
- Good relational and public speaking skills, writing skills, and a passion for social justice and change
- Candidate should have basic familiarity with using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Bilingual & bicultural (Spanish, Khmer, or Portuguese, highly desired)
- Knowledge of social media and web design is a plus
- Trained RCC Counselor
Complete Staffing Solutions, Inc.
GovernmentView all jobs at Complete Staffing Solutions, Inc.