Senior Cost Accountant
Complete Staffing Solutions, Inc. Fairfield, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full Job Description
Leads all cost accounting activities with responsibility for maintaining accurate books and records and strong internal controls.
- Owns standard cost calculation, while working Operations to ensure proper costing of inventory.
- Analyze manufacturing activities and investigating variances to ensure accurate inventory costing and measure gross margin performance.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconciliations related to inventory, cost of sales, reserves and variances.
- Prepare monthly detailed Inventory Reserve analyses for inventory reporting, and partner with Operations to ensure the accuracy of reported inventories.
- Identify opportunities to streamline the accounting close process, enhance existing procedures, and opportunities to improve the utilization of our financial system tools and methods
- Work with Operations team to review internal controls over inventory to ensure adherence and process integrity and work with team members to resolve process issues and implement process improvements.
- Assist in quarterly physical inventory process at third party logistic warehouses.
- Provide support for financial analysis projects as required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred but not required
- Minimum 4 years’ direct experience in revenue, cost, and inventory accounting required; experience with IFRS a plus
- Strong understanding of cost accounting concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and perform within deadlines
- Significant cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, including working directly with operations management
- Strong attention to detail and significant experience in budget preparation and variance analysis
- Advanced MS Office proficiency; Advanced Excel user, Pivot table, VLOOKUP, etc.
- Experience with large ERP systems; SAP or SAP by Design experience a plus
Complete Staffing Solutions, Inc.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Complete Staffing Solutions, Inc.