LOCATIONS: WALTHAM, DEDHAM, and BOSTON
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Schedules patient appointments, including follow-up appointments, internal and external testing and labs, and surgical booking and coordination
- Assists with scheduling template creation and changes
- Answers phones, triage calls, responds to patient requests, takes messages in office or call center setting
- Greets and checks-in patients; verifies patient demographic and insurance information
- Assists with revenue cycle clearance, including registration accuracy, referral management and insurance verification
- Collects co-payments
- Prepares medical records and documentation for patient visits, including loading of information into the EMR system
- Takes an active role in monitoring patient flow and communicating delays to patients and providers
- Assists with billing charge entry and reconciliation
- Completes general office work, including faxing, filing, mailing, correspondence, copying, ordering supplies, calendar management and mail distribution
- Provides general clerical support to department physicians; demonstrates a knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Participates in performance improvement projects
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Prior experience working in a clinic or hospital environment preferred.
- Computer literacy required, including familiarity with email, Microsoft Office programs and scheduling applications. Ability to learn and use Tufts network programs required.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Some knowledge of third party billing preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidential medical information.
- High School diploma, with specialized training in business office skills preferred.
- 1-2 years medical office experience.