We have openings for machine operators with our West Springfield, MA client. The hours of this position are 6:00AM - 2:30PM. Pay is $13.50/hour.
This position is responsible for tending and operation of the automatic and semi-automatic equipment utilized in the manufacturing of products. This includes equipment used to create various components and other activities required for the production of lumenescent, reflective, and munitions products. An example is the creation of ampoules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for complying with all environmental regulations including hazardous waste
- Ensure hazardous waste containers are properly labeled, covered, and staged
- Ensuring satellite and accumulation area accumulation time limits and volume limits are not exceeded
- Loads machines with necessary materials/components required to produce end product
- Makes all necessary adjustments/calibrations to ensure required rate of speed and feed are achieved and sustains proper operation
- Maintains close observation of machine operations to ensure quick recovery from stops, jams, or error detections
- Works with Quality Control and Work Order Specialist to conduct checks and inspection of completed parts throughout shift operation and records results for compliance with the quality standards set for the operation
- Shuts down and cleans the machine, makes all required mechanical adjustments; completes minor to moderate repairs, and coordinates with supervisor and maintenance department if assistance is needed to complete equipment repair
- Perform work according to quality and safety standards set for the operation
- Other duties as assigned
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty as instructed and consistently at a satisfactorily level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstration of regular and punctual attendance is mandatory.
- Ability and willingness to take direction and follow instructions is mandatory.
- Mechanical ability/aptitude is essential for this position.
- Communication skills to deal effectively with others both verbally and written.
- Demonstration of independent thinking and decision-making abilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required
Minimum of 6-months external machine operation experience required.
Ability to read, write, and speak English is essential to the position.
Ability to understand and speak Spanish, although not essential, is desirable.
The incumbent must be able to read documents and manuals that use a variety of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words. Must also be able to recognize and differentiate between words and series of numbers.
Basic math skills are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Complete Staffing Solutions, Inc.
Why Work Here?