Job Title: Loan Asset Manager
Min Salary: USD $125,000.00/annually
Max Salary: USD $150,000.00/annually
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, this position is responsible for performing or managing all aspects of diligence, closing, asset management and servicing of commercial and multifamily bridge loans in a fast-paced team environment.
A successful candidate must be detail-oriented and can work independently while managing multiple priorities and deadlines while working within a dynamic, team-oriented environment. This position is supported by a team of underwriters and analysts.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of real estate bridge loans.
- Day to day loan related contact with lawyers, borrowers and capital partners.
- Perform or manage the due diligence on each loan:
- Quickly gather information and become the expert on the market, property and borrower.
- Critically review pro forma assumptions related to lease-up, OpEx, and CapEx.
- Engage, manage and review third party vendors and their work product.
- Critically review all agreements (loan, lease, management, operating, contracts), identify and mitigate risks and concerns.
- Participate in the negotiation of the loan documents.
- Prepare diligence memo and asset summary report.
- Review and act on monthly reporting, maintain a regular dialog with borrower and monitor market dynamics.
- Perform quarterly valuation and prepare loan/asset management summary reports.
- Ensure borrower compliance with loan covenants, critical reporting dates and key provisions in the loan documents.
- Review and approve borrower budgets, business plans, leases and material contracts.
- Review ongoing monthly loan draws, ensuring compliance with loan draw covenants.
- Conduct property inspections
- Bachelor’s Degree, Minimum 3.0 GPA, MBA helpful.
- Minimum 7 years of real estate lending, acquisition and management experience.
- Strong knowledge of loan documentation, property and market dynamics.
- Detail oriented and persistent in pursuit of required information.
- Strong financial modeling, written and verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to see the big picture and implement at a high level of detail.
- Proactive, persuasive and confident regarding lenders position on issues.
- Knowledge in following software: Argus, Excel, Access, etc.
Our client is an alternative asset management company that was founded in 1986 to invest in real estate and manage real estate related businesses. Their business primarily consists of providing management services to five publicly owned real estate investment trusts, or REITs, and three real estate related operating companies.
As of June 30, 2019, The Company had approximately $30.6 billion of total assets under management, including over 1,500 properties, and employed nearly 600 real estate professionals in more than 30 offices throughout the United States.