Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
· Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
· Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machine.
· Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
· Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
· Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
· Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
· Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Responsible for the accurate recording of all paperwork and labor entries associated with the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
· Working knowledge of Aerospace specifications and standards
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
· Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles changes, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
· Experience in machine shop setup and programming and experience with CNC milling equipment.
· Experience with Program G Code, Fagor Programming experience with 5 axis milling machines.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED, prefer 5 or more years of machine shop experience with pertinent CNC milling experience.
Not required for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Stand; walk and sit frequently.
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms frequently.
· Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl occasionally.
· Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently.
· Vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.