Electrical Estimator / Project manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Commercial electrical contractor is seeking a project manager with 10yrs previous estimating experience including project management in electrical construction. We are a competitive bid small shop electrical contractor primarily focused on commercial tenant interiors. The successful candidate would possess previous commercial electrical estimating is all aspects of commercial electrical construction to expand the companies current clientele and business model. The position includes project management and the need to be be very proficient with Microsoft Office, Bluebeam Revu and Accubid. The candidate is expected to understand lighting, distribution, fire alarm, bidding & negotiating, submittal / submission and RFI processes. The candidate will be expected to interpret and prepare supplemental information and drawings as required to field crews to maximize installation efficiency of the contractual electrical installations.
- Must possess a working knowledge of construction documentation and pricing.
- Must be able to read plans and specifications and translate them into estimates.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient with Accubid.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), math and analytical skills.
- Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently and work under pressure to meet required deadlines.
- Independent self-starter and good listener who can discern required steps to achieve goals without specific task direction.
- Thrives in a friendly, fast-paced, environment where accountability, work ethic and a positive "can do" attitude is a necessity.
- Develops budgets with preliminary plan information and professional knowledge and expertise.
- VISIT jobsites consistently on a weekly basis to manage manpower, recognizes possible issues and/or inconsistencies and communicate them to the appropriate parties.
- Provides a thorough and carefully thought out preliminary cost estimate based on client provided documents and interviews.
- Conducts site visits and attends pre-bid meetings to understand project scope.
- Conducts review and take-off of blueprints.
- Requests additional information as necessary.
- Gathers quoted pricing and conducts scope review.
- Evaluate quote pricing to bid documents and plans to ensure that full scope of work was considered.
- Follows up with clients to ensure bids are received and answers any client questions.
We offer health, vision, dental insurance paid 50%, retirement plan dollar for dollar matching, disability insurance, PTO, holiday pay.
have completed $35m+ in electrical work and occupy a 4000 sq ft facility in Waldorf, Maryland
Complete Power Solutions LLC
14 Irongate Drive Waldorf MDWaldorf, MD
Get fresh Commercial Electrical Estimator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.