Class B CDL Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate
- Posted: 29 days ago
Garvin Construction Products is GROWING and we are looking for GREAT people to join our TEAM! We have immediate openings, with competitive pay, for Class B CDL Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associates in our Long Island City, NY location.
Summary of Job Duties:
- Operate 24FT tandem axle flatbed with 4,000lb liftgate
- Deliver materials via 24FT tandem axle flatbed with 4,000 lb. liftgate
- Deliver to customer facilities and jobsites in the MD/DC/VA area. Occasional trips outside of this area may be needed.
- Inspect loads are properly secured for compliance and safety. Maintain a safe work zone.
- Treat customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Detail Oriented Mindset Maintain accurate paperwork and records. Confirm material delivery ticket for accuracy and collecting payment and signatures when required.
- Inform supervisor of any delays, shortages, errors or problems
- Pick up returns, validating product match for credit requests as required
- Perform daily inspections and maintain the vehicle, fuel the truck and report any problems
- Maintain driver logs and any necessary paperwork
- Comply with all state, local and DOT standards and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to vehicles before and after route.
- General warehouse responsibilities as needed include: checking inventory, assist in maintaining a clean and organized facility, unloading incoming inventory and stocking.
- Assist team with Customer pickups: pull, stage, help load customer orders
- Staging orders in preparation for delivery or pickup wrapping and packing orders
- Operate forklift & pallet jack
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1+ years of recent and verifiable CDL Class B driving experience. A clean driving record and commercial driving experience is a must.
- HAZMAT Endorsement
- Clean MVR.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Experience operating 24 foot flat bed truck & liftgate
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Possess good communication and customer service skills
- Forklift Certified
- Proficient using GPS and local traffic patterns
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical/health and dental insurance
- Paid vacations, holidays and sick time
- Voluntary 401k
- Voluntary disability and life insurance
- Opportunity to advance within the company
- MINIMUM 40 HOUR WORK WEEK
- NO OVERNIGHT TRAVEL, HOME EVERY NIGHT
Garvin Construction Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) offering competitive pay, comprehensive group medical and dental benefits, voluntary life and disability benefits, voluntary 401k retirement plan and paid vacation, holiday and sick time.
Complete HR Solutions
AddressNew York, NY
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?