About the Role
The Stationary HVAC Technician will be working with the DOJ located in Washington, DC. There will be a shift from 7am to 3pm and 3pm to 11pm. This Technician should have strong electrical trouble shooting skills to perform the following; connect motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and ventilation fans to starter panels and/or VFD's, installs air filters, adjust refrigerant to prescribed operating pressures. This mechanic observes temperature and safety controls to insure proper operation of the equipment, replace defective breakers and fuses, thermostats, switches and electrical wiring to repair and service air conditioning ranging from 2.5 tons to large tonnage chillers.
At CBS we work on some of the following; CRAC Units, RTU's, Split System AC and HP's, VRF's, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Boilers, Gas and Oil Fired, AHU's, VAV Systems, Chill Water, Condenser Water, Hot Water Systems and Hi/Low Pressure Steam Systems.
Things we look for:
- Shift Availability for either Second (3:00pm to 11:00pm) or Overnight (11:00pm to 7:00am)
- Journeyman/Master HVAC licenses is Plus & a Pay Boost
- Universal CFC Certification REquired
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience with HVAC systems
- Able to lift up to sixty (60) pounds
- Capable of ascending ladders up to a height of thirty (30) feet
You should already have a public trust clearance or have the ability to get one for this position.