Electrician - Journeyman Level
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Complete Building Services is hiring a full-time Electrician. Our newest team member will be joining the team overseeing a large government facility in Washington, DC. The hours for this position are Monday - Friday 6:30 am to 3:00 pm.
A typical day may look something like this:
- Troubleshoot, install and repair electrical devices and components
- Read and interpret schematics and wire diagram
- Utilize multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance
- Install and repair power distribution systems and cables
• Must have registered for Selective Service at the appropriate time
• Must be able to pass a government background check
• Must be completely knowledgeable in areas related to electronics, electricity, and mechanics, as well as various gauges, sizes, and types of wire, conduit and fittings relays, boxes, circuit breakers, and other electrical devices common to the trade
• Must possess at least (4) four years of Journeyman Level experience (obtained within the past 7 years) performing inspection, troubleshooting, repairing, operating, and performing preventive maintenance on electrical power distribution systems
• Must have the ability to arrange and install electric equipment ways that ensure proper and safe operation of system circuits and equipment
• Must be able to interpret building plans, blueprints, wire diagrams, and engineering drawings and apply such interpretation to the work involved using formulas basic to the trade to determine voltage drop, resistance amperage, frequency requirements, etc.
• Must display skill in the use of a variety of hand tools. i.e., wire cutters, drills, conduit benders, soldering irons, and test meters, i.e., voltmeters, amp meters, and ohm meters
• Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
We operate at over 90 different sites in Maryland, DC, and Virginia; each site will have a different culture, but as a whole, all 450+ CBS employees recognize these 4 principles. 1. We Maintain a Winning Attitude. 2. We Embrace the Hard Work. 3. We Hold Each Other Accountable. 4. We Celebrate ALL Wins (big and small).
CBS offers great medical, dental, and vision benefits at a fraction of the cost because the company contributes to our premiums. Once you have been with CBS for a year you are eligible to use Paternal/Maternal leave for New Born/Adoptions AND receive access to $2,500 to support your career development. By the way, out of our 450 employees, our average tenure is 8.1 years, so we'll bet on you being here.
To learn more please visit us at www.completebuildingservices.com
Apply now and start your career here today!
Complete Building Services
ConstructionView all jobs at Complete Building Services
Get fresh Building Electrician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.