To provide the highest quality and Occupational Therapy services to patients. Evaluates for and administers all forms of Occupational Therapy as described by physicians; exercises general and close supervision of supportive personnel; assists in administration of the office; performs related duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Always maintain a safe and hazard free work environment by following the policies and procedures of Compleat Rehab and Sports Therapy Center.
- Evaluates patients with a variety of diagnoses, establishes treatment plans and formulates goals.
- Evaluates patients, establishes an appropriate treatment plan meeting the needs of a patient and formulates treatment goals.
- Provides occupational therapy treatments and completes all necessary documentation per department policy.
- Performs modalities, ADL activities and exercise programs indicated by a patient's condition and functional status.
- Participates in the department’s quality improvement and safety programs as assigned.
- Internal communications include contact with patients and family members, nursing staff and physicians.
- Maintains accurate and timely patient records including but not limited to progress notes, patient evaluation, re-evaluations, discharge summaries and billing forms. Co-signs occupational therapy assistant documentation after reviewing for content and appropriateness.
- Provides direct and indirect supervision to occupational therapy assistants through verbal and written instruction and feedback regarding a patient's treatment and progress. Also provides information to other medical/allied health personnel regarding a patient's progress, needs and discharge plans.
- Instructs patient and family in appropriate exercises to continue at home and provides written material as a reference.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, teamwork, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Continuously develop skill sets with attending any of the following: education programs, in-service training, and seminars.
- Accepts other duties and assignments within his/her scope of knowledge, skills and abilities.
Graduation from an occupational therapy program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education or equivalent. Must be licensed in the state(s) in which he/she is required to practice or eligible for licensure/registration per state registration practices.
A minimum of one year of experience preferred. New graduates will be considered.
Ability to relate to and treat acutely ill/chronically ill patients/families and their particular problems.
Must possess strong patient assessment, patient management and documentation skills.
Must possess the disposition and personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff and interact professionally as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
Must possess a strong commitment to the goals, mission, and philosophy of the organization.
Absolute integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the professional and confidential nature of assignments.
Ability to adapt to changing organizational needs.
Speaks, writes, reads, and comprehends English. Fluency in another language is a plus.
Excellent communication skills are comprised of written, verbal and presentation capabilities.
Additional skills may include the ability to actively listen, use logic to identify strengths, weaknesses and solutions.
Excellent organizational skills a must.
FEE FOR SERVICE Compensation (the fee includes consideration of (and for) admin duties):
$12.50 per regular unit OR $50.00 per prompt pay visit that is just 1 unit, if and only if the patient pays a minimum of $70.00.
$10.00 per supervised COTA visit.
Physical Demands: Lifting, pushing, pulling, and assisting patients with exercise and patient transfers.
Working Conditions: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently. May be exposed to infectious diseases, electricity, and strain from moving or supporting patients
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Compleat Kidz/Kare Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to full-time employees, including medical/dental, vision coverage, HSA, STD, LTD, life insurance, EAP, and company-matched 401(k).
Kare Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity that values and encourages diversity.
Ideally, applicants for this position should be excited to join a company with the energy of a start-up environment, be ready to take a leading role in initiatives to launch new programs and have the experience and drive to support ongoing programs and their expansion.
Why Work Here?Compleat KiDZ provides pediatric therapy services with a coordinated, multi-specialty approach. Our Clinical managers work closely with each provider and therapist team to ensure they are fully supported to provide excellent patient care for every child served. This is accomplished via consistent team collaboration, mentorship, and on-going training. Ideally, applicants for this position should be excited to join a company with the energy of a start-up environment, be ready to take a leading role in initiatives to launch new programs and have the experience and drive to support ongoing programs and their expansion.
Established outpatient therapy company that dedicates itself to helping others live their best lives!
Rock Hill, SC