Physical Therapist - Adult Out Patient - Highland Creek/Mount Holly
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We Get You Moving
We have an outstanding opportunity, in our Highland Creek/Mount Holly clinic.
Compleat Rehab & Sports Therapy started out as a single outpatient practice offering Physical Therapy in Gastonia, NC in 1987. In the 30 years since, we’ve expanded to more than 15 clinics in North and South Carolina and are continuing to grow. Our service repertoire has developed too – our patients now benefit from a diverse set of programs and specialties, from Lymphedema Treatment to Pelvic Floor Therapy. We commit to improving the lives of all we serve, by providing premier patient care and compassionate, personalized service.
Compleat Rehab & Sports Therapy is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Always maintain a safe and hazard free work environment by following the policies and procedures of Compleat Rehab.
- Providing skilled physical therapy care to patients with impairments, functional limitations, disabilities, or changes in physical function resulting from injury, disease, or other causes.
- Record daily clinical and progress notes. Ensure charting compliance as required by Medicare, Medicaid and universal guidelines.
- Coordinating other patient care activities/ services to provide the highest quality of patient care.
- Always maintain a safe and hazard free work environment by following the policies and procedures of Compleat Rehab.
- Tests, evaluates, and records initially and sequentially, muscle strength, joint measurements, activities of daily living, so that objectives are determined, treatment plan developed and regularly reviewed.
- Instructs patients and their relatives, nurse’s or attendants in home programs for the purpose of advancing the patient’s independence in self-care and activities of daily living; helps patient accept and function to their maximum within the limits of irreversible disability.
- Administers the following Physical Therapy procedures (included, but not limited to:)
- Electrotherapy: short-wave diathermy, ultrasound, muscle-nerve electrical stimulation, iontophoresis, TENS, HVGS, and biofeedback.
- Hydrotherapy: whirlpools; using aseptic techniques in specific cases, dressings.
- Traction: cervical and pelvic.
- Therapeutic exercise: neurodevelopmental re-education, neuromuscular re-education, passive, active assistive, resistive, and strengthening exercises, joint mobilization, and massage.
- Functional activities: ambulation training, transfer training, body mechanics, patient education, and ADL activities.
- Records patient’s progress so that referring physician is aware of the patient’s current functional level; reports any significant changes in patient’s condition to the referring physician so that the treatment plan may be modified or discontinued. Is responsible for documentation of above.
- Assists physician, patient’s, and family in discharge planning to other facilities or levels of care. Is responsible for documentation of above.
- Assigns patient treatments to the Physical Therapy Assistants as appropriate.
- Performs evaluations and interim evaluations of patients assigned to Physical Therapy Assistants.
- Review patient progress regularly with the Physical Therapist Assistant and indicates adjustments or modifications of treatment to ensure proper patient progress.
- Reports the need for maintenance of all equipment used in the treatment of patients for the protection of patients and personnel and for economic considerations.
- Makes recommendations for preparation and institution of procedures.
- Maintains efficient daily operations of the department so that patients are treated effectively and in pleasing surroundings.
- Attends meetings and conferences for continuing education and reports back to other staff members.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Graduation with Doctor of Physical Therapy from an accredited Physical Therapist program.
- Master level degree
- Physical Therapy licensure in the state of North Carolina.
- 1-3 years outpatient orthopedic experience preferred
- New Graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Evidence of ongoing continuing education in clinical areas.
- Speaks, writes, reads, and comprehends English. Fluency in other languages a plus.
Physical Demands: Lifting, pushing, pulling, and assisting patients with exercise and patient transfers. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently. May be exposed to infectious diseases, electricity, and strain from moving or supporting patients.
Very Competitive Salary and Benefit Package
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Compleat Rehab/Kare Partners offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical/dental, vision coverage, HSA, STD, LTD, life insurance, EAP, pre-paid legal, company-matched 401(k), and PTO.
Kare Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity that values and encourages diversity.
Ideally, applicants for this position should be excited to join a company with the energy of a start-up environment, be ready to take a leading role in initiatives to launch new programs and have the experience and drive to support ongoing programs and their expansion.
Compleat Rehab and Sports TherapyWhy Work Here?
Established company with a start-up attitude!
We are a rapidly growing company looking to break into new and underserved sectors of the healthcare industry. We currently serve both individual and business clients through outpatient clinical services, recruitment and staffing services, technology development, and more. Headquartered in Charlotte Metro Area, we have more than 400 employees working across the continental United States as well as internationally. Ideally, applicants for this position should be excited to join a company with the energy of a start-up environment, be ready to take a leading role in initiatives to launch new programs and have the experience and drive to support ongoing programs and their expansion.
13024 Eastfield RoadHuntersville, NC