Compleat KiDZ Pediatric Therapy is looking for compassionate, highly motivated and organized individuals to join our team as ABA Behavior Technicians in our Gastonia Pediatric clinic. Behavior Technicians will provide one-on-one behavioral interventions to teach communication, social, and daily living skills and to reduce challenging behaviors to children across all environments. Behavior Technicians will use interventions written by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). ABA services will be provided in our Compleat KiDZ Pediatric Therapy clinics.
- Follows behavior and skill acquisition plan written by BCBA
- Collects all relevant data inside the session
- Completes session documentation
- Able to manage disruptive behavior within guidelines set by behavior intervention plan
- Collaborates with family and treatment team
- Communicates any relevant information from sessions to the BCBA
- May be required to provide services in more than one clinic
- Holds certification as a "Registered" Behavior Technician (RBT), preferred
- May be hired as a Non-Registered Behavior Technician, but must be enrolled in an approved RBT Training course and have completed the core aspects of the course (15 hours)
- If enrolled in the RBT Training course, must be willing to complete the course and obtain RBT status within 3 months of employment
- Demonstrates ability to effectively work with children
- Pass a Background Check and Drug Screen prior to employment
- Has basic computer skills, familiar with Excel
- Flexible and able to adapt in the moment
- Willing to learn
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Compleat KiDZ offers access to the 40-hour RBT Training course to those interested in pursuing becoming an RBT. Passage of this course does not guarantee future employment with Compleat KiDZ.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Lifting, pushing, pulling up to 25 lbs are also required.
This job operates in an outpatient clinic environment. Travel between clinics may be required if RBT is servicing more than one clinic.