Competitive Edge Advertising Specialty Mfg. Co. (Competitive Edge) is a large promotional products manufacturer and distributor located in Des Moines, Iowa. We have several company and corporate store websites and specialize in a wide variety of imprinted advertising specialty and promotional products.
We are seeking an Experienced Graphic Designer to join our Art Department to be responsible for the design and creation of a variety of promotional materials, including space ads and e-mail promotions, logos, catalogs, web product postings, marketing collateral and more. In this dynamic role you will apply your creative expertise to conceptualize, articulate, and present concepts.
A successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player with a proactive approach who thrives in fast-paced environments. Must be extremely creative and detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
· Develop effective designs and layouts including logos, t-shirts, identity systems, print and digital publications, catalogs, space ads, direct mail pieces, insert pieces, sample boxes, brochures, etc.
· Design and preparation of digital promotions including e-newsletters/e-blasts, websites, banners, social media, marketing collateral, etc.
· Create, clean up, or resize customer’s art and/or logos for various types of ad specialties and promotional products including artwork required for catalog orders.
· Develop engaging designs that advance clients’ positioning and achieve clients’ goals on time and within budget.
· Create artwork for film output related to textile screen printing and digitizing of artwork for embroidery.
· Produce the artwork specifications for all ad specialty orders as described on art specification sheets or according to requirements described by salespersons or members of the management team.
· Prepare final original artwork to accompany purchase orders to vendors of imprinted ad specialty products.
· Meet the production art requirements of the company as assignments come into the department in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
· Proofreads, compares, and verifies the accuracy of all details such as font type, size, color, copy, and logo specifications for all jobs assigned
· Follow existing style guides as well as creating new designs and accompanying style guides
· Keep current with existing trends impacting graphic design and graphic design tools
· Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
· Technical art or graphic design training or instruction; Associate Degree in Applied Arts, Graphic Design, or Commercial Art.
· At least 3 years experience of professional graphic design experience working with print, web, and digital media.
· Proven experience developing effective designs and layouts including logos, t-shirts, identity systems, print publications, digital publications, catalogs, e-newsletters/e-blasts, websites, banners, social media, marketing collateral, and more.
· Expertise in using relevant software applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, etc., and all online production techniques.
· Prior experience in ad specialty, B2B e-Commerce or retail industries preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of print, web, and digital production processes.
· Skilled in typography, layout, and color theory, both in print and digital media.
· Must have production skills including trapping color, textile color separation, etc.
· Strong illustrative skills.
· Basic knowledge of HTML preferred.
· Experience in shooting and editing digital photography.
· Proven ability to lead projects and collaborate with creative teams.
· Capacity to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines while paying impeccable attention to detail.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to be flexible as project and management needs change, all while balancing competing demands.
· Self-starter who works well independently and in a team environment with a strong interest in graphic design.
· Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written skills, with the ability to quickly build effective working relationships with individuals in a variety of business functions.
· Positive outlook and professionalism in all aspects of daily tasks.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with knowledge and experience level. For consideration, please send resume with salary history and requirements. Please reference “Graphic Designer” in the subject line. EOE.