Compassionate Cultivation Manchaca, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
At Texas Original Compassionate Cultivation, our mission is to create the highest quality medicine that changes people’s lives. We stand beside all who believe in safe, legal and effective access to this powerful medicine. As fellow Texans, we see this as our responsibility to take care of our neighbors. Our vision is to transform Texas through the power and the truth of medical cannabis. We work for physicians and their patients with current qualifying conditions to supply prescription cannabis that can change lives.
As Production Manager, you’ll lead a team that is critical to our mission of creating the highest quality medicine that changes people’s lives. In this role, you’ll manage the operations and teams that extract, process and manufacture our prescription medical cannabis products to meet strict quality standards and production targets. Your teams will also be a critical part of developing new products and the manufacturing processes to produce them at scale.
- Ensure that all production operations are performed safely and in strict accordance with TOCC requirements and procedures including facility & safety plans, standard operating procedures, regulatory compliance requirements and quality control plans.
- Lead a team of Processing Engineers, Manufacturing Specialists and Production Specialists who are responsible for processing cannabis biomass through extraction and refinement, to formulation and manufacture of prescription medical cannabis finished goods.
- Support our Sales Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) process and manage optimization and execution of a continuous production plan to meet business objectives and priorities.
- Own industrialization and development of our production processes through application of good manufacturing practices (GMP), Lean 6, and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) principles and methods. Examples include JIT, Kaizen, Kanban, Gemba, Yamazumi, ANOVA, Process Flow Diagrams, Production Line Design, Manufacturing Process Records, FMEAs, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions, Control Plans, Appearance Specifications, Process Capability Studies, Production Validation Plans, and the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Ensure maintenance of meticulous records for all processing and manufacturing activities including ERP database management to meet operational, financial reporting and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Drive continuous process improvement through identification and elimination of waste in our supply chain and value stream.
- Continuously pursue best cost and operating efficiency to meet production operational targets and objectives.
- Drive accountability within the team by creating discipline and consistency in production activities and deliverables.
- Coach and support staff to ensure individual and team success. Set goals and objectives, create development plans and oversee performance assessment process.
- Manage inventory of consumables and ingredients for production operations through ERP database management, assessing physical inventory and generating purchase requests.
- Support and implement strategy for executing a multi-season new product development cadence. Manage resources according to business needs and priorities.
- Collaborate with product developers, cultivators and product managers to ensure formulation for manufacturability, production process planning, capacity, execution, equipment and process approval, product validation, and launch into mass production.
- Collaborate with Facilities & Quality teams to manage equipment cleaning, calibration, preventative maintenance, and service.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- 8+ years of industrial operations and manufacturing engineering experience. Industrial food & beverage, pharmaceutical, or cosmetic experience preferred.
- B.S. or higher in Industrial, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Preferred experience:
- Leading teams and managing individual contributors
- Working in heavily regulated industries
- Working with laboratory and/or industrial processing equipment
- Developing new products and manufacturing processes
Texas Original Compassionate Cultivation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Compassionate Cultivation