Compassionate Care Home Health and Hospice Agency Bakersfield, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Compassionate Care Home Health & Hospice has three locations (Fresno, Modesto and Bakersfield) and services eight counties throughout the Central Valley (Stanislaus, Mariposa, Merced, Madera, Fresno, Tulare, Kings and Kern) - and we’re growing fast! Our top priority is maintaining our culture of love for our patients and team, alike. Our commitment to our core values allows us to be a provider and employer of choice. We understand that our employees are key to providing quality care and are our most important resource. We actively seek career-oriented individuals, to whom we offer job security and upward mobility when appropriate - based on merit and performance. We proudly employee an accomplished team of professionals and our team is as diverse as the communities we serve, representing different ethnicities, religions, ages, national origins and sexual orientations.In the spirit of charity, and to make a positive societal difference, we occasionally provide clerical work opportunities for individuals previously dependent on government aid, individuals living with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other disadvantaged adults. Join us today and grow with us! We are currently seeking to fill the Physical Therapist position. -Position to be performed at Bakersfield Office, 93309. -Medical office background required.-$15.00 per hour compensation (negotiable, based on experience, etc). -Opportunity to accumulate overtime.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe physical therapist contracted or employed through the Organization is responsible for providing physical therapy services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Personnel Services Agreement. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician's plan of care and as defined in the state Physical Therapy Practice Act. This may include, but will not be limited to:
- Assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status, and participation in the development of the total plan of care. Evaluates home environment.
- Assesses for muscle strength, mobility, gait, ROM—potential for rehab.
- Directing physical therapy treatment. D. Instructing patients and families/caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic appliances.
- Determining priority needs for physical therapy.
- Reporting to physician patient's reaction to treatment or changes in condition.
- Initiates physical therapy program and instructs other personnel and/or family/caregiver members in certain phases of physical therapy with which they may work with a patient, as well as instructing them as to the goals of the physical therapy program for the patient by participating in case conferences. 3
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic device.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
- Prepares and submits clinical and progress summaries based on the attainment of goals.
- Participate in discharge planning for patients.
- Prepares and submits a clinical progress summary based on the attainment of goals as directed by Organization policy.
- Provides physical therapy consultation to home families/caregivers when indicated.
- Provides in-service education programs for nursing organization personnel as needed.
- Participate in peer consultation process.
- Supervises physical therapy assistants according to organization policy and state regulations.
- When therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care every two (2) weeks.
- Possesses a degree from a baccalaureate or masters program in physical therapy approved by an accredited organization.
- Licensed to practice as physical therapist within the state, if applicable.
- Two years of appropriate experience as a physical therapist. Community/home health experience is preferred.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the organization requirements.
●Dynamic, fun, team-oriented work environment●Unparalleled company culture●Local company with soul●Countless growth and development opportunities ● Flexible Schedules ● Medical, dental and vision insurance ● Mileage Reimbursement at current Federal rate ● Gas reimbursement for those in company cars ● PTO ● Paid Holidays ● Paid Sick Days ● 401K ● And so much more!
Compassionate Care was established in 2003 in Fresno County and has grown into Central California's largest privately held home health agency. The healthcare company is expanding its locations and services, replicating its unique formula throughout the state. Compassionate Care provides in-home medical, rehabilitative and support services by seasoned professionals with comprehensive clinical training and robust hospitality experience. In July of 2020 the organization officially began its venture into hospice, further vertically integrating services while always prioritizing their patients' continuum of care.
Compassionate Care Home Health and Hospice Agency
HealthcareView all jobs at Compassionate Care Home Health and Hospice Agency