Director of Operations and Information Technology
Compass Therapeutics Inc. Boston, MA
- Expired: June 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Compass Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, developing antibody therapeutics to treat both solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. Compass is leveraging its proprietary StitchMabs™ and common light-chain enabled multispecific platforms to empirically identify multispecifics and combinations of antibody therapeutics that can be advanced to the clinic. The company's lead product candidate, CTX-009, is a bispecific antibody, which inhibits both DLL4-mediated Notch signaling and VEGF-A signaling. CTX-009 has completed a Phase 1 dose escalation study and is in a Phase 1b study in combination with chemotherapy in patients with solid tumors. The company’s second product candidate, CTX-471, is a novel agonistic antibody of CD137, a co-stimulatory receptor on immune cells. It is currently being evaluated in a Phase 1b study in patients who were previously treated with PD-1/PD-L1 checkpoint inhibitors, and who subsequently relapsed or progressed after a period of stable disease. Compass’ third product candidate, CTX-8371, is a bispecific antibody that blocks both PD-1 and PD-L1 and is in IND-enabling studies. The company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
Our Operations team is seeking a full-time onsite Operations Leader at our Boston Landing site. This position is an integral part of our Operations Group and reports to the President and COO.
- Lead office and laboratory administration to provide and support consistent day-to-day operations of the office and laboratory environments
- Manage Compass Information Technology systems and projects to ensure successful, timely implementation and execution of Compass business goals, including:
- Management of IT infrastructure, including occasional management of servers and employee laptops
- Management of the laboratory information management system (LIMS) and electronic laboratory notebook (ELN)
- Provide input into the selection of software for various scientific and lab applications, help with software installations and maintenance
- Transition the company to SOX compliant systems and processes
- Ensure that the company has state-of-the-art security systems and is well prepared for any potential cyber attacks
- Manage external IT support vendors and consultants
- Support Research Operations’ daily duties, initiatives and projects including but not limited to:
- Ensure smooth operations of various instrumentations such as plate readers, mass Spectrometers, cell sorters, flow cytometers, freezers, etc.
- Oversee on-call 24/7 emergency monitoring of critical systems
- Maintain certain lab supplies, including gas stocks, hazardous waste collection, common lab and equipment management and cleaning, implementing lab chemical inventory system
- Building Facilities: Oversee the ongoing maintenance of all building systems, including HVAC, Audio/Video systems, cleaning, security system, occasional plumbing and electrical projects, etc.
- Identify and address challenges within our building systems and conduct regular maintenance of those systems
- Develop productive relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Supervise construction renovations and adjustment of the space as needed
- Ensure proper function of all of the audio and video systems in the office space
- Analyze and improve cross functional workflows and processes that are scalable and improve productivity and utilization of resources, including clinical planning, onboarding, etc.
- Provide outstanding customer service to researchers and organization on ad-hoc requests
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Operations of a biotech company or similar environment
- BS required, MBA or alternate higher degree a plus
- Strong IT hands-on knowledge and experience
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience working in cross functional teams
- Ability to work independently and meet responsibilities in a dynamic fast-paced, multicultural work environment handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail and self-motivated to provide outstanding Operational support
- Desire to support teams that impact patients’ quality of life and are motivated to work in an environment that promotes innovation and human health
At Compass Therapeutics, we provide employees with an inclusive offering of benefits and a competitive compensation package. We offer our employees competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses and meaningful equity participation. Our benefits support the health and wellness of our employees; from medical, dental and vision benefits to health reimbursement arrangement, flexible spending accounts, sponsored gym membership, and an employee assistance program. We also provide company matched 401(k) and Roth 401(k) programs and other tools for financial wellness. Additional benefits include commuter reimbursement, subsidized parking, and substantial paid time off including a winter shut-down week.
We believe in growing and developing our team, and therefore, we invest in the development of strong values and culture. We are invested in employee success and provide tuition reimbursement, employee recognition programs and referral programs, training opportunities and maintain a comprehensive Performance Management cycle. While building a strong foundation, Compass culture can be seen every day in the form of curiosity, teamwork, passion, and cross functional collaboration.
Compass Therapeutics Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Compass Therapeutics Inc.