A global Automotive Parts OEM is looking for an experienced Buyer to join their team.
- Execute section purchasing activities for new model programs and mass production, such as part cost change analysis and reporting, cost reduction promotion and reporting, VA/VE promotion and reporting, evaluation and approval, but not limited to these examples.
- Support strategies that will help the company achieve the most competitive parts pricing.
- Commodity strategy execution.
- Promote Purchasing strategies to supplier.
- Have thorough understanding of assigned suppliers characteristics
- Support supplier improvement activities
- Coordinate / communicate the purchasing dept. position and schedule with other departments
- Assure proper documents in place for product maturation requirements
- Initiate and promote innovative ideas to reduce cost and improve efficiency for assigned suppliers
- Execute project assignments and theme assignments as necessary to help achieve section and department business plan targets
- 4 year degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience or experience in technical product or a related field
- Automotive background - Preferred
- Solid foundation in Quality, Cost and Delivery